Newb

ElJ3ffe

n3wb
Reaction score
New to the forum, just getting an indepth look into home security. Been pointed to the Dahua Starlight, going on from there.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
New to the forum, just getting an indepth look into home security. Been pointed to the Dahua Starlight, going on from there.
Welcome Elj3ffe

I think you'll like the starlight models.

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

ElJ3ffe

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome Elj3ffe

I think you'll like the starlight models.

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

Thanks Sir! This was the model I was looking into! I really only need about 4 cameras in total with what I've already got, with that being said, an 8ch NVR would be sufficient right?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Sir! This was the model I was looking into! I really only need about 4 cameras in total with what I've already got, with that being said, an 8ch NVR would be sufficient right?
Hi ElJ3ffe,

If you are buying the NVR separate, definitely pick a slightly better one which can handle more.. just as looney2ns points out... go 16 ports / channels and not worry about it.

ElJ3ffe

n3wb
Reaction score
Sounds good, I looked at Empire and its only a couple buckks more and the more I look at this stuff, I want to double down my camera purchase now haha