newbee with a ton of problems

silhorko

n3wb
Reaction score
hi in here. i need advise in connecting and configurating a camera network. maybe 10 cameras. indoor, outdoor and one ptz. i have the cameras and cat6a cable.
im currently trying to make one camera visuable on my pc. not much to show. i can ping it. but cant connect to ip. its an annka i51db.
do i need a nvr? to do it

friendly regards

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the IP address of your computer and what is the IP address of the camera?

More than likely they are not on the same IP subnet.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
cant connect to ip. its an annka i51db.
That's a Hikvision OEM brand. With dumbed-down capabilities over the same Hikvision hardware (sorry).
Hikvision's SADP tool will find it and show you the IP address so you can see if it's activated, and if it's in the same IP address range as the PC.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hi in here. i need advise in connecting and configurating a camera network. maybe 10 cameras. indoor, outdoor and one ptz. i have the cameras and cat6a cable.
im currently trying to make one camera visuable on my pc. not much to show. i can ping it. but cant connect to ip. its an annka i51db.
do i need a nvr? to do it

friendly regards
welcome @silhorko

Remember di-electric gel in the RJ45 boots .. just a drop .. look for a thread discussing this ..

silhorko

n3wb
Reaction score
Coldair you say what? my pc adress? you gotta help me one this one. where do i find it?

Reaction score
open up a command prompt and type ipconfig and hit enter post the address here

also you will either need and NVR or a switch and router

silhorko

n3wb
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
Could i just use a router for one camera? And a switch when im ready for more trouble?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
open up a command prompt and type ipconfig and hit enter post the address here

A router doesn't provide power to a camera.

But they don't need a router or NVR for one camera.

A POE injector or power wall wart and hook it into a laptop will work.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of us here do not use the SADP tool....

Here is my standard post - but you should only need to do this IF you are not hooking the camera directly to the NVR POE port. OR it could be this NVR cannot handle the new GUI.

For this camera you will need to use Internet Explorer - not Edge or Chrome with IE tab, but plain ole Explorer. If you use another browser some of the settings won't hold, like tracking time.

The default IP address of the camera is 169.254.8.123, which may or may not be the IP address range of your system.

Unhook a computer or laptop from the internet and go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 169.254.8.100

1672063957334.png

Then power up your camera and wait a few minutes.

Then go to INTERNET EXPLORER (needs to be Explorer and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab) and type in 169.254.8.123 (default IP address of camera) and you will then access the camera.

Tell it your country and give it a user and password.

Then go to the camera Network settings and change the camera IP address to the range of your system and hit save.

You will then lose the camera connection.

Then reverse the process to put your computer back on your network IP address range.

Next open up INTERNET EXPLORER and type in the new IP address that you just gave the camera to access it.

OR use the SADP Tool, but most of us prefer the above as it is one less program needed and one less chance for the cameras to phone home or for something to get screwed up.

silhorko

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmm maybe its the internet explorer thing i screwed up in. Now i need to find internet explorer, is it downloadable somewhere

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No that isn't your issue...yet...your computer is on a different subnet than the camera. Explorer is when some settings aren't sticking and you aren't that far yet.

Explorer is still there and there are ways to get Explorer again.

The simple way is to change the BHO folder to another name like oldBHO and BAM Explorer is back...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\110.0.151

But your numbers at end may be different

silhorko

n3wb
Reaction score
its almost working. i can get to the ip adress now, and type Camera user and password. but then internet explorer says, there is a problem and shut the site down