Newbei : New Installataion suggestions

Akhil

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

(As everybody introduce themselves) I am another newbei :) and trying to install camera around my home.
I bought TN81828B8-E (POEs, from costco) and looking out for advise on the optimum installation locations (I have marked the locations as per my understanding in 'red dots'). Please suggest.

Also few locations would require me to install them directly on the wall (which would mean drilling all the way thru the exterior wall into the attic, installing the camera there, and then weather proofing it may be by using a silicon sealant or duct seal). Please suggest if thats advisable / acceptable.

Attachments

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Those spots seem high for mounting 2.8mm lens cameras. Great for overview only.

Akhil

n3wb
Reaction score
Which camera do you suggest ? Or what installation spots do you suggest ?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I like crossing cameras on the driveway, just above the coach lights 7-8ft. You forgot the most important one at the front door - 6-7ft tops. Any higher and you just get good views of bald spots and hats. I can see one on the corner up high for overview on the right, if you cant find a way to mount it lower. The others are for ID. See attached thumbnail.

I'm not a fan in most cases of fixed lens, esp 2.8mm. Variable focus cameras give you options to zoom to better choke points.

Read up on the forum, lots of cameras to choose from, the default standby has been the Dahua 5231 series Starlights. There are many others. Start out in the Cliff Notes

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Which camera do you suggest ? Or what installation spots do you suggest ?
Hi @Akhil

Costco has a great return policy.

I would at least test the kit out to see how well it works.

Do search for the test rig here, as well as recommendations on what to test ( iirc covered in the cliff notes )

Also, you maybe able to get a junction box for those cameras which will allow you to use bulk cat6 cable ( use quality cable w/copper wires )

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is the house prewired with any cat5e to doorbell location or do you plan to install any doorbell camera? If not then something like IPC-HDBW4231F-AS would be good height at the doorbell level to see direct shot of face when they stand at the doorway.