Newbie, appreciate advice

Agilly

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, From a land downunder,
Long time looker and have heeded a bit of advice from various post but now the family wants me to perform the miracle

I have at my home a Logitech alert system works wonderfully for the past 7 years love the setup, notifications and able to check cams via phone app {website}.

Installed 2 alert cams in my Mothers place, one outside garden courtyard entrance and one in the kitchen area, main entrance for security and My brother and I can check up on her. She is in her late 70s and as long as we see the empty cup of tea on the table we know she made it down the stairs in the morning. able to check cams via the web and on the Alert account {website}.

Both are on my Alert account but at different sites

I have a boys toy shed, small factory for old car, motorbikes, go Karts that I'm not allowed to have at home about 15 kms away. With 3 Hikvison cams for security but not yet setup for notifications or remote access. Running Ispy at present time unsubscribed

All properties have unlimited Data internet with good speed and onsite computers running win 10.
All cams are on POE, cat5e

My needed advice. Logitech Alert has run its day and 2 are starting to fail Time to upgrade.

Like Hikvision cams as have 3 at the factory.
Happy to stick to all new Hikvision cams,
Can I set up Blue Iris so that my Brother at one site see all 3 properties cams, all on one screen 10 cams in total ?
Can I also, from a different local {at work private laptop}, also sign in to see the cams

I thank all in advance for your time and patience,
Andy

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can I set up Blue Iris so that my Brother at one site see all 3 properties cams, all on one screen 10 cams in total ?
Yes, Blue Iris can have cams configured that are not really cams but instead are streams from other Blue Iris servers at remote sites, read ==>> here.

Can I also, from a different local {at work private laptop}, also sign in to see the cams
BI has a built-in web server as @looney2ns mentioned that will allow this.

Agilly

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's,
next weekend is planned,, lots of reading and more gray hairs trying to set this up