Newbie Help Mini PTZ v2

jerrymax6

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a newbie and appreciate any help you can give. I received my mini ptz v2 today and tried to connect it up like I did my Hikvision 4mp. The router doesn’t recognize that anything is plugged into it and my LTS DVR doesn’t show any IP camera. I’m getting power to the camera because it moves around and up and down when it first receives power. I didn't have any trouble connecting the Hikvision and a LTS camera.

I use mac computers and I’m not able to check out what is on the mini cd disc. Is there something I’m missing.

Any help you can give is appreciated.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
they come with default ip address of 192.168.0.99, so manually set your mac's ethernet address to 192.168.0.100 and you should be able to browse to 192.168.0.99.
i know it needs an activex plugin to view video over the http connection, but not sure if you can at least configure it from non-IE/Windoze.
if not, you may need to have abuddy with a windows laptop come over and do the same thing or run SADP to set an IP address that works on your network.
I'll try mine from my mac when i'm home later. I'm sure Nayr will be along shortly to poo-poo our cam choice... :)

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Alternatively download ivms4200 windows software and cam will be detected there even if it's on different subnet (192.168.0.x) then simply change IP address to whatever you prefer

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
i just tested and my mac laptop works fine to configure the Huisun/Imporx mini-ptz (v2 at least).
viewing the video requires a plugin that doesn;t work on the mac, but the web UI does not depend on it for configuration.
So as I first suggested, just set your mac to an ip address on the same subnet as 192.168.0.99 and connect it directly
with an ethernet, then give it an address that will work with your your router/network. once it has an IP that works
on your net, your DVR should pick it up...

jerrymax6

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your help. With my work it may be a day or two before I can let you know how things go.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@klasipca @pozzello I've connected my camera to my nvr and my pc to my nvr. I have no other means of powering it except through the nvr. I've changed the cameras ip settings to reflect my network and the dvr isn't picking it up. If I try to change it to reflect the other cameras ip address as assigned by nvr it doesn't work. Do I need to assign it to the nvr subnet and ip range? Which means I'll have to put my pc on that subnet as well to change the camer?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
i've been changing default ip address 192.168.0.99 via IVMS-4200. Try that.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i've been changing default ip address 192.168.0.99 via IVMS-4200. Try that.
I was able to change the default ip address but I can't get the nvr to pick it up. The nvr assigns cameras a 10.1.0.xx address with a subnet of 255.255.0.0. I assigned the the camera a 192.168.1.xx that falls in line with my standard network.

What if I change the camera to a default dahua ip?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I was able to change the default ip address but I can't get the nvr to pick it up. The nvr assigns cameras a 10.1.0.xx address with a subnet of 255.255.0.0. I assigned the the camera a 192.168.1.xx that falls in line with my standard network.

What if I change the camera to a default dahua ip?

Then you will need to assign the ip address in the same subnet as your nvr

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you have your other cameras set to static or dhcp? Sounds like you have set to DHCP. You might have to change the MiniPTZ to a 10.1 address

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I sent what I did. I think I assigned the wrong default gateway.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you have your other cameras set to static or dhcp? Sounds like you have set to DHCP. You might have to change the MiniPTZ to a 10.1 address
It was assigned but then I just left it there when I set it to static.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay so I have the camera in the same ip range as my other cameras. Same sub and same default gateway. Still not recognized by nvr but I can log on via ivms but not web.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have 3 cameras with the ptz. Nvr supports 4 directly connected but up to 8 total.

And you are sure there is not a IP conflict with one of the other cameras? And all in the same subnet?

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And you are sure there is not a IP conflict with one of the other cameras? And all in the same subnet?
I have no idea. I'm a noob to cameras or networking. I find it weird that I can see the ptz via ivms but neither of the other two cameras.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have no idea. I'm a noob to cameras or networking. I find it weird that I can see the ptz via ivms but neither of the other two cameras.

If you have a samsung 6 or probably any android use FING app its free it will tell you everything with IP on your wifi.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
If you setup other brand cams, mini ptz is no different in terms of ip configuration