Newbie Help Mini PTZ v2

jerrymax6

n3wb
Reaction score

Originally Posted by klasipca
If you setup other brand cams, mini ptz is no different in terms of ip configuration

I plugged em in and they were there.

Me too! Just plugged them in. But not my mini ptz:(

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Because mini ptz shipped with DHCP disabled it has static ip set

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was able to change the default ip address but I can't get the nvr to pick it up. The nvr assigns cameras a 10.1.0.xx address with a subnet of 255.255.0.0. I assigned the the camera a 192.168.1.xx that falls in line with my standard network.
Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
I have no idea. I'm a noob to cameras or networking. I find it weird that I can see the ptz via ivms but neither of the other two cameras.

You need to use IVMS to set the Mini PTZ to the same subset as your NVR not your local lan. You say the NVR is using 10.1.0.xx then set the PTZ where .xx is not already used by another camera. Doesn't the NVR show you what the other cameras are?

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You need to use IVMS to set the Mini PTZ to the same subset as your NVR not your local lan. You say the NVR is using 10.1.0.xx then set the PTZ where .xx is not already used by another camera. Doesn't the NVR show you what the other cameras are?
Yes. They are,10.1.0.65 and 67. I set the ptz to 10.1.0.100

jerrymax6

n3wb
Reaction score
Because mini ptz shipped with DHCP disabled it has static ip set
Hi, Does Hikvision ip cameras come with static ip's? I've connected two different Hikvision cameras without any trouble. I'm just not able to get anything to pick up the mini ptz. I'm really concerned that it's faulty.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What did you use to set it to 10.1.0.100? Go back again and make sure it was saved at that. Or make it 10.1.0.69.
The only way I've been able to see the camera is through ivms. That's how I changed the ip address. I connected my pc to the nvr and ivms sees the ptz.

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is the subnet mask the same as other cameras?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried set it using DCHP and let the NVR assign the address to the camera? I don't see a real benefit using static ip addresses now day anymore. Today router have faster processor and is better that managing ip address and traffic. If you need it for port forwarding etc then reserve the ip address to device's MAC number within the router configuration menu which is easier than trying to access the devices to change ip address.

Bill

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@TechBill I've tried setting the camera to dhcp within ivms but I get an error saying it's not allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
@TechBill I've tried setting the camera to dhcp within ivms but I get an error saying it's not allowed.

Try setting DHCP within the camera web GUI menu instead. It works for me.

Bill

jerrymax6

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried set it using DCHP and let the NVR assign the address to the camera? I don't see a real benefit using static ip addresses now day anymore. Today router have faster processor and is better that managing ip address and traffic. If you need it for port forwarding etc then reserve the ip address to device's MAC number within the router configuration menu which is easier than trying to access the devices to change ip address.

Bill
\\

This is what I've have done for two different Hikvision ip cameras I've used and didn't have any trouble at all. I do not believe this camera is functioning. I've tried two different routers, eliminated everything from my network and hooked the camera directly to the router and it just not there. It's not that I can't connect with the camera, it's just not there. I've used Angry IP that will show anything connected to the network and everything shows but no camera.

Can anyone confirm that the ir's should briefly light when power goes to the camera? I do get motor movement for about 30 seconds but that's it.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't access the web gui. I've only done so once and now I can never get to it. Only ivms and sadp.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
\\

This is what I've have done for two different Hikvision ip cameras I've used and didn't have any trouble at all. I do not believe this camera is functioning. I've tried two different routers, eliminated everything from my network and hooked the camera directly to the router and it just not there. It's not that I can't connect with the camera, it's just not there. I've used Angry IP that will show anything connected to the network and everything shows but no camera.

Can anyone confirm that the ir's should briefly light when power goes to the camera? I do get motor movement for about 30 seconds but that's it.
Yes it would light up and then up and down then sideway panning movement. If nothing show on network and you are sure that you got a good Ethernet cable on that camera then your broadband(network) circuity is probably fried on it.

I have not open my cameras yet and I plan to so I don't know how the circuity is build but it possible maybe the connector for the Ethernet jack is loose or broken off inside however I am just taking a guess here and i by no mean an expert on those camera. Maybe ask them to see if that network circuit is on it own board and can be replaced by you if they send you a replacement.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

jerrymax6

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes it would light up and there up and down then sideway panning movement. If nothing show on network and you are sure that you got a good Ethernet cable on that camera then your broadband(network) circuity is probably fried on it.

I have not open my cameras yet and I plan to so I don't know how the circuity is build but it possible maybe the connector for the Ethernet jack is loose or broken off inside however I am just taking a guess here and i by no mean an expert on those camera. Maybe ask them to see if that network circuit is on it own board and can be replaced by you if they send you a replacement.

Bill

Thanks Bill, I get the panning movement but no ir's at all. On the hikvision the ir's briefly light up when power is applied, am I correct the mini ptz v2 should light up briefly as well?