Newbie Help Mini PTZ v2

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks Bill, I get the panning movement but no ir's at all. On the hikvision the ir's briefly light up when power is applied, am I correct the mini ptz v2 should light up briefly as well?

The IR would flash very briefly(1 second) at the very beginning of the boot up right before it start panning.

Bill

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
don't use it in ivms, set it in the web ui.
For some reason ever since I changed default ip I can't access Web ui. I'm hoping that once I get a seperate poe switch that taking the camera off the nvr will allow it to be seen.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For some reason ever since I changed default ip I can't access Web ui. I'm hoping that once I get a seperate poe switch that taking the camera off the nvr will allow it to be seen.

Most likely your change did not save. Try the old ip that worked in the Web UI the last time.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Default for the Mini PTZ is 192.168.0.99
Yeah I think I'm beating a dead horse. I don't think I'll get this to work as long as it's sitting on my poe nvr. My router doesn't see it when I set it to the same subnet and ip range. The only way I see this camera is from my pc ether net going into the nvr. Then as long as the cam and pc are on same subnet and ip range I can access it through ivms and change it through sadp(?) I can ping the camera with no packet loss it's just the nvr won't see it. Don't know if it's a port issue or dahua and hikvision not playing well. Although the nvr is supposed to be compatable and smartpss has hikvision as an option when manually adding camera.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah I think I'm beating a dead horse. I don't think I'll get this to work as long as it's sitting on my poe nvr. My router doesn't see it when I set it to the same subnet and ip range. The only way I see this camera is from my pc ether net going into the nvr. Then as long as the cam and pc are on same subnet and ip range I can access it through ivms and change it through sadp(?) I can ping the camera with no packet loss it's just the nvr won't see it. Don't know if it's a port issue or dahua and hikvision not playing well. Although the nvr is supposed to be compatable and smartpss has hikvision as an option when manually adding camera.

If you can see it with your PC then set it for DHCP and make sure you save it. Then unplug and re-plug it back into your NVR so it can get the new IP from the NVR.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't set it for dhcp. Only place I can do so is ivms and when I try it gives me a note supoorted

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Here is what you have to do:

Plug your camera directly to router
Launch IVMS4200, set static IP address on the same subnet as your network
Access the camera web UI using static IP
Enable DHCP in web UI
Plug the camera back to NVR

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is what you have to do:

Plug your camera directly to router
Launch IVMS4200, set static IP address on the same subnet as your network
Access the camera web UI using static IP
Enable DHCP in web UI
Plug the camera back to NVR
I will do exactly that once I get a power source other than nvr.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On a side note I was able to access the ptz through smartpss. Oddly enough I could view use ptz controls but I could not access it's network info.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@klasipca is there a port I need to forward for webui?

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
You need to set RTSP authentication to basic and also enable port mapping in the Network > Port Mapping.