Newbie looking for a system had a breakin

TheWAFA

n3wb
Reaction score
Lol I am. Now I know I'm going with LTS now I need help with the lens type dome or bullet and where to mount them and also how many cameras in total

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need twenty (20) cameras Matt...any more (imo) will start to tax your i7 processor...although some run a few more...

cameras.jpg

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All of my cameras are 2.8mm, 3.6mm and 4mm Matt because (1) I want to have a broad overview of all actions which occur on and within the property I monitor and (1) I was Qlueless when I started out.

jasauders

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You need twenty (20) cameras Matt...any more (imo) will start to tax your i7 processor...although some run a few more...

View attachment 10959
Random BI question which came to my mind after seeing that screen shot... Is there a client with BI? Or do you just vnc/whatever in to the server to bring up the remote-when-on-LAN view?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
To access my dedicated Blue Iris server I use Solar Winds Dameware mini remote control (MRC) which (IMO) has a very small processor overhead footprint. The screenshot was taken by doing a standard Print Screen function and then cropping the image in Photoshop. To access this BI servers from our desktop machines (which are scattered around the United States) we use bp2008's BRLVP utility. To access the sever from our mobile devices we use the Blue Iris iOS App. I had eggs and coffee for breakfast. My dog's name is Arthur.

TheWAFA

n3wb
Reaction score
Guys I get it.. REOLINK Cameras? Im looking to do a 12 Camera Lorex From Costco but BNC or Q-See From Frys BNC 12 camera they are 699 a steal of a deal. Or I can get the Swamm 3MP NVR POE for 1075 but really wanted below 1000 poe

Eustace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK bro...you got a good dog, and that's your most important asset. I've got the answer for you. No need to research any further. Just do what I say...

1) Do what Fenderman tells you to do

2) After installing your Blue Iris system, set up BI to do motion alerts

3) Set up an alert receptor on Miss Satan's collar (any of the many geeks here will be able to tell you how to do this..they will enjoy the technical challenge)

4) Teach your pooch to go B E R S E R K when she is alerted by BI

5) You may be able to have different cameras send different alerts and teach your doggie to move to the specific camera area which has sent the alert

6) Sit back in your Barco Lounger with a Mai Tai and watch the hi-jinks ensue!

No no...no need to thank me...we're all here to help!

View attachment 10926

Haaaa .. Love it!

TheWAFA

n3wb
Reaction score
Funny but on a serious not. I bought a lorex 12 camera 2MP 1080p with DVR from Costco BNC and think I made a mistake. I didn't install yet but it was only 609.99

Reaction score
Those are most certainly analog cameras. Pretty much the opposite of what everyone here was suggesting. A stand-alone digital / IP camera set requires more budget for that many cameras. Roughly double, according to some advice you got earlier in the thread.

Dave88LX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If I am reading correctly, there is a source for the LTS website on this forum? Need an account there to see pricing.