Newbie with NVR5216-16P-4KS2

Comtrade

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

Newbie here. I have enjoyed reading and learning as I build my system. My basic goal is to monitor/record the outside perimeter of my home.

NVR from Empire
1-NVR5216-16P-4KS2

1-Dahua SD22204TN-GN
1-Dahua IPC-HDBW4431R-ZS
1-Dahua IPC-HFW5231R-Z

I bought these before choosing to go with Dahua (not really sure on the mfr. seems to be called different names). I ended up using ONVIF to connect.

Videopark/Omni/Unitech
1-UNIPC-02WD-I 2MP WDR POE IR Alarm IP Camera - UNIPC-02WD-I | Security Camera
2-UNIPC-04WD-I 4MP WDR POE IR Alarm IP Camera - UNIPC-04WD-I | Security Camera

Also ordered the xchime before going with the Dahua route. Not yet delivered.

I do have a couple of questions and hope that someone can point me to a guide or what to read up on, TIA.

1. I have my local recording and can view remotely on gDMSS lite but am interested in backing up to the cloud the last 24 hrs or so in the event of a home invasion where my nvr is trashed/taken. Any suggestions on what to read up on or what service to look into?

2. What do the W and T (T is greater) distance signify on the DORI chart? http://www1.dahuasecurity.com/download/2017_V4_IP_Video_Products_Selection(56P).pdf

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
2. What do the W and T (T is greater) distance signify on the DORI chart? http://www1.dahuasecurity.com/download/2017_V4_IP_Video_Products_Selection(56P).pdf
Welcome Comtrade,

W and T - not certain exactly what they are supposed to stand for, perhaps "Wide and Tight" - as they appear on varifocal cameras - so you can adjust the lens and thus the FOV and zoom.

Note, according to my calculations the distances shown on Dahua's DORI chart are more optimistic than the 100 ppf standard a lot of us are using for ID distance. THUS for calculation purposes I would say that you'd need to plan for shorter ID distances than they list in that chart.

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.