Newer Version of BI does not support old MPEG4 camera, why?

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi BI forum users,

I had a hard time finding a solution to my problem.

I was troubleshooting for a few hours finally found that the older version of BI support
my old ACTi ACM 1231 1.3MP MPEG4 camera, whereas the new version of BI does not, why?

From the experience that I been using BI for a few years now.....never assume the latest
version of BI will work fine after you have complete fresh install (upgrade) from the previous
working version of BI.

The camera will stream, by selecting the options in BI, make = ACTi model = video port 6002

BI_v4.5.2.0 = ok supported = as shown in the attachment.
BI_v4.6.5.4 = ok supported = as shown in the attachment.
BI_v4.8.1.2= failed to support = cam no signal(not matter what settings I tried).

If anyone can help please do, it will be most appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments

Last edited:

mrwalsh37

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm experiencing the same issues after the update to 4.8.1.2. Later in the day, I updated to 4.8.1.3 and still have the same issue on any camera using MPEG4 as you mentioned. (Mix of Sony SNC series) I've been trying to do some debugging from my side but am coming up empty. Could there have been an update/change to codecs as part of the 4.8.1.2 package?

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Email support.
Thanks for replying.....but.....Basic (free for 1 year) email support already expired,
do I need to buy Extended / Priority plan, before I email to Ken for requesting support?

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Normally what is the workaround solution to this? Get a older version of BI and install the update file
and test whether it works or not? :(

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for replying.....but.....Basic (free for 1 year) email support already expired,
do I need to buy Extended / Priority plan, before I email to Ken for requesting support?
yes but he may reply, its only 30 dollars.

mrwalsh37

n3wb
Reaction score
At least for me, and the Sony SNCs I'm running, the update of 4.8.1.4 has fixed the issue.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
At least for me, and the Sony SNCs I'm running, the update of 4.8.1.4 has fixed the issue.
Thank for your replying my post.

You said updated..... did you installed BI first on your windows PC and then run update within BI?
Or you downloaded the latest BI from the website, and install a new fresh copy of BI?