Newest iDMSS app 4.40.000 is borken

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
iDMSS had an update last night, and before I had my wits about me and my second cup of coffee, I updated the app. Bad move.

This is the PLUS version by the way..

The current version iDMSS app for iphone 4.40.000 is broken. As in it dont work.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
There is a good knock off, EVOPLUS.. same interface as iDMSS and much more stable. They seem to actually test their apps before pushing them out ;)

Only real good reason for iDMSS PLUS is that it remembers the last cameras viewed and auto-launches them so you dont have to find a favorite first.

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
I just downloaded it on my ipad to test it out. V4.40.000 I am able to connect to my NVR with all cameras showing up..

Are you connecting to a NVR or camera? Or is everything not working? @bigredfish

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Connecting to an XVR (home), a DVR (mom), and 2 4208 NVR's (HOA).. Have been using it for years. Most of the time it wont connect at all, occasionally you get 1-2 cameras out of 4. Local via wifi and remote from work via OpenVPN.

Worked great before I went to bed last night. Use it a lot each day. Clearly something different. I removed the existing devices and entered them again, no dice. the "Lite" version works as well as EVOPLUS. Something bad with the update.

Acts like its opening too many connections.. I even raised max connections on two devices to 20 just to test that theory but no luck.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Was a little whacky on my air 2 but I closed all channels via the close/open button in the app and they all came back up without further issue.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep, Im able to do the same and play with it long enough and get the cameras to all come up, but its hit and miss.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I rebooted the iPhone couple of times, did some cat-slapping with it, and indeed, it does work sometimes. Same behaviour on NVR and VTO.
Brrrr!
CC

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
gDMSS Plus on my Android phone is also having problems. Not always getting a connection with the camera.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for this. I'm on 4.31.002 still and leaving on vacation today so I'll need to be able to check up on things. I'm glad I saw this thread. I may test 4.4.000 on my wife's iPhone.

c.grex

n3wb
Reaction score
Broken for me too! Can’t connect to NVR. I’ve downloaded the ‘lite’ version and that will connect fine.

The problem with iOS is you can’t revert to a older app! Hope they fix it ASAP.

Bramboo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
And hopefully they think about a new test procedure. Can't believe that this happens to an app that must be in use by so many users.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The IMOU app was also updated yesterday. It borked my android tablet almost completely.
Of course it was a piece of crap even before the upgrade.
NO app would run on the tablet for more than 40-50 seconds without force closing, including Tinycam Pro.
So it was removed, and now things are back to normal it seems.
Norton on my tablet was also making noise about the IMOU app acting suspiciously.
We do NOT like being beta testers Dahua! :smash:

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oddly enough, mine seems to be working fine since the update (ios). Although I don't do "notifications".

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep, seeing the same issue. Even tried on the latest iOS beta's and same issue there too. Hopefully Dahua get this patched / updated ASAP.

iDMSS had an update last night, and before I had my wits about me and my second cup of coffee, I updated the app. Bad move.

This is the PLUS version by the way..

The current version iDMSS app for iphone 4.40.000 is broken. As in it dont work.

Fourier

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same issues. I had good luck turning turning airplane mode on and off, and then once the vpn connects, it will load the images.

Did they get rid of the 30sec playback button as well? I see they have a playback that plays the last hour from the live view screen.

FYI, the Lorex app works fine but that’s p2p. It’s only on for alerts and to keep it simple for the wife without the vpn

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
latest android version still doesnt have working push notifications for IVS events either.