NHD-888MSDx 16 SONVR-168580H x 1 NVR - new software needed

zebedeepet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am sick of Swann software. I have it in a retail environment. If I need to check cameras back to check shoplifting I have to select which of the cameras with only 4 at a time. But the time I click back and have selected the time and then reselected the time to the point. The person has disappeared. I don't mind a subscription but I basically want the best for retail shop lifting watching. I would replace the NVR if it can't be flashed. The cameras I am hoping are compatible.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
NVRs cannot be flashed with anything else.

Depending on the size of the retail environment, you may be able to get by with a Blue Iris/PC combo and may be able to feed the camera feeds from the NVR into the PC.

But that is a big if. Much of Swann stuff is proprietary.

What the model of the cameras and NVR and are they analog (BNC connector) or IP (ethernet connector)?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you have a PC, download the trial of BI and see if you can feed the cameras into it.

In BI, you select add camera and put the IP address of the NVR into the IP address location. Put in username and password and hit find/inspect and let BI do its thing.

Then about halfway down is a pull down for Camera number and pick camera 1 and then hit ok. The camera should show up. Then add camera and the select copy and copy this camera and then change the number 1 to a 2 and repeat for your cameras. OR depending on your NVR, it may populate all the cameras in the main and substream pulldown boxes and you just select a camera number and then add another camera and select the next pulldown.

Hopefully it finds them.

zebedeepet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can't find the trial version? Blue Iris software only licence for one or multiple cameras. Do I have to feed a camera directly to the pc or can I just be on same network

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Download the multi camera and it will give the option for a demo as you fire up the program. The NVR and computer will have to be on the same LAN.

zebedeepet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes got the install done but had to leave to pick up the kids. I'll be back in tomorrow. So the cameras are currently connected to the NVR. I've installed it on my desktop which is all using the network. So now I need to find the cameras from the desktop BlueIris software. Is there an instruction booklet?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do as I said above. BI cannot see the cameras directly - it has to go thru the NVR unless you put the cameras on a POE switch and if they are ONVIF compliant.

In BI, you select add camera and put the IP address of the NVR into the IP address location. Put in username and password of NVR and hit find/inspect and let BI do its thing.

Then about halfway down is a pull down for Camera number and pick camera 1 and then hit ok. The camera should show up. Then add camera and the select copy and copy this camera and then change the number 1 to a 2 and repeat for your cameras. OR depending on your NVR, it may populate all the cameras in the main and substream pulldown boxes and you just select a camera number and then add another camera and select the next pulldown. If they don't show up then they won't work with BI.

There is a 200+ page help file/manual if you select the ? top left.

zebedeepet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did the Swann one and enter username and password and inspect then ok - but failed. Not compatible?

zebedeepet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Opening 192.168.0.16 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
Failed with HTTP 12029
Opening 192.168.0.16 port 443...
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
HTTP 12152
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
Cantonk port 34567?
RTSP port open?
No automatic configuration made
Done

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK force it to use port 9000

So try 192.168.0.16:9000

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes now hit find/inspect and fingers crossed it finds it

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK lets try changing 554 to 443 and then hit ok and not find/inspect.

If that doesn't work, then the next step is to login to the NVR and see if it gives any additional clues as to the ports it is using.

zebedeepet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't think Swann has software to remotely login. I've got the app homesafeview but never been able to login through a desktop