Nice tiny POE HD camera cheap- for those that want that hidden camera in house/garage

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Re: Nice tiny POE HD camera cheap- for those that want that hidden camera in house/ga

Well, I couldn't help myself. I decided to order one of the 2MP cameras with the IMX322 sensor, even though it doesn't have an IR cut. I want to see how well that sensor performs as a through-a-window camera just using available light.

mjcother

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Re: Nice tiny POE HD camera cheap- for those that want that hidden camera in house/ga

I poked around and ordered the 2MP version, ING brand one... will report back.... item number 32524107946 on AE
Delivered today and it is not POE, it has a barrel jack next to the ethernet port on the dongle and says 12VLAN right on the connector, and will not power up on the same switch that has 10 Hikvision cameras working just fine.. no loggin messages on Cisco switch when plugged in, I even tried with a 12V DC power supply, but no dice... first item on aliexpress that was not as advertised.. oh well sent them a pic of what it should be and what it is... :-(

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Delivered today and it is not POE, it has a barrel jack next to the ethernet port on the dongle and says 12VLAN right on the connector, and will not power up on the same switch that has 10 Hikvision cameras working just fine.. no loggin messages on Cisco switch when plugged in, I even tried with a 12V DC power supply, but no dice... first item on aliexpress that was not as advertised.. oh well sent them a pic of what it should be and what it is... :-(
Mine just arrived and it is poe no additional jack. Not sure what link you ordered from but I am just hooking mine up now useing the mini cd installation software. SO far its recognized but, need to change IP and ports it may take a bit well see. I will update. I notice the amber light will not stay on and not sure what that means yet. I can find it though on network with factory settings. The quality is very good as far as poe and metal cover very solid little jobber.

mjcother

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Mine just arrived and it is poe no additional jack. Not sure what link you ordered from...
32524107946 on AE <---- aliexpress item number 32524107946 you even google that number it is the first hit...

cannot get a link light on the dongle or see any activity in my Cisco switch, and I am Cisco CCIE #6771, if anyone should be able to get it to work, I should... ;-)

this is what my dongle looks like: http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/micro-3-7mm-lens-mini-ip-camera-720P-home-security-system-cctv-surveillance-small-hd-Built/32373244479.html?spm=2114.12010108.100005.11.2JA1m8

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

OK got it running on Blue Iris as camera type"Escam h264 port 345467 ". Let me say the clearity is awesome and rivals my Hiks 3mp, I have it in low light office in basement and it is very clear. I will test more conditions but so far this camera is fantastic for 23 bucks and I will be ordering at least a few more after I try this one longer.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

32524107946 on AE <---- aliexpress item number 32524107946 you even google that number it is the first hit...

cannot get a link light on the dongle or see any activity in my Cisco switch, and I am Cisco CCIE #6771, if anyone should be able to get it to work, I should... ;-)

this is what my dongle looks like: http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bKgs21lq[/QUOTE] That is a different camera than mine that,s for sure this is what i got from my original post [url]http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1280-720P-HD-1-0MP-Mini-POE-IP-Camera-3-6mm-1080P-Lens-Support-P2P-Smart/32365804999.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.2.MJGs3H&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_2,searchweb201644_3_505_506_503_504_502_10001_10002_10017_10010_10005_10011_10006_10003_10004_10009_10008,searchweb201560_8,searchweb1451318400_-1,searchweb1451318411_6451&btsid=afbc4272-b1a7-4853-a4ea-981e3f1cbea1

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score

"this is what my dongle looks like"

heehee. show me your dongle, and i'll show you mine... :)

seriously tho, i think Cisco's POE may not be compatible? see below.
maybe that bit about 'device discovery' no workie with 'normal' 802.3af device?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-ip-phone-7900-series/97869-poe-requirement-faq.html#qa3

[h=3]Q. What is the difference between the Cisco original PoE products and the IEEE 802.3af standard?[/h]
A. The differences include:

• the amount of power that is available to the connected device
  • the method used for device discovery
  • the way that power is removed from the wire when a powered device is removed

Last edited by a moderator:

mjcother

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

That is a different camera than mine that,s for sure

this is what i got from my original post

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cstJl8Q4[/QUOTE] that is just best link to a pic of the dongle I got...... the camera is *supposed to be* [url]http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/7388587287.html

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

my POE one has the connector like in your *supposed to be* item, but its the 1MP version.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

mine is 720p but it is very clear , I am going to try it outside under an eave at the door for laughs. It kicks off some heat so it may survive our winters.

mjcother

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

"this is what my dongle looks like"

heehee. show me your dongle, and i'll show you mine... :)

seriously tho, i think Cisco's POE may not be compatible? see below.
maybe that bit about 'device discovery' no workie with 'normal' 802.3af device?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-ip-phone-7900-series/97869-poe-requirement-faq.html#qa3

Q. What is the difference between the Cisco original PoE products and the IEEE 802.3af standard?
A. The differences include:

• the amount of power that is available to the connected device
  • the method used for device discovery
  • the way that power is removed from the wire when a powered device is removed
not many 'only' cisco original poe devices around anymore, that doc is from 2008!

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

I have had this camera outside under a entrance roof pointed at stair way and with a LED outside light on the quality is very good and can easily pick up face recognition all night. Its been only -6 so far and all is going well so far. It is so small I never see anyone notice it either which was opposite the reaction of my turret and domes thus far.

mjcother

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Seller on AE offered to send a POE converter, however, where I want it, that is not going to be a clean install, and I was getting this as a test before buying multiple, told them to send a return shipping label and send me the right one, they responded that they are sending the POE one and I can do what I want with the other one.. I guess I will see if there is somewhere I have 12V available without using a dongle..

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I guess I will see if there is somewhere I have 12V available without using a dongle..
If you are going to try and use the original camera with the bulky connector you could consider one of these.

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

So, I want to buy one of these (2MP, POE, IRCUT):

imx322:
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/QD3vdni
They say it hasn't IRCUT, but they can put it in (with extra $ I think).
They say grass becomes reddish, but in their example photos it doesn't seem...

imx222:
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/pU7w6jm
I don't understand if it has an IRCut filter or not.

This one IMX222:
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cj5cRdpq
In this one, it seems it has an IRCUT and it says: "support IR-CUT"
But it says it has only POE optional, so I think you must pay more to have the POE one.

Which sensor is better between imx222-imx322?

braddie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Here they say the sensors are quite the same:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-choose-ahd-cameras-from-chinese-market-andy-sun

So, is there someone that got a tiny 2MP, Ircut, POE?
I have the IMX322 version from the same seller. It definitely doesn't have day/night IRCUT but the image quality is awesome for a 2MP, especially at night. I'm pretty sure none of the "tiny" cameras have the day/night IRCUT (though they may have a permanent filter), and it cannot be added regardless of what the description says. It's probably a copy-paste error which Aliexpress sellers are well known for.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Interested in one of these...I see a lot of link options for AliExpress. I've never ordered from Ali before...How long does it typically take to get something from them, (I'm in USA, Missouri for reference)? It says 13-23 days...I've learned not to trust shipping estimates from most overseas sites...Is this roughly accurate though?
Shipping cost on these?

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Generally, time is almost accurate: if you pay more for shipping you can get items faster.
You must choose the shipping method: every option has a different cost and different time delivery; each vendor has different options.

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I have the IMX322 version from the same seller. It definitely doesn't have day/night IRCUT but the image quality is awesome for a 2MP, especially at night. I'm pretty sure none of the "tiny" cameras have the day/night IRCUT (though they may have a permanent filter), and it cannot be added regardless of what the description says. It's probably a copy-paste error which Aliexpress sellers are well known for.
But grass is green or pinkish? I mean, even without IRCUT, in daytime has colors ok?