Nice tiny POE HD camera cheap- for those that want that hidden camera in house/garage

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Re: Nice tiny POE HD camera cheap- for those that want that hidden camera in house/ga

20 business days a good guide.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Re: Nice tiny POE HD camera cheap- for those that want that hidden camera in house/ga

When I got mine grass was pinkish and black clothes were purple in camera so I adjusted with the provided software.

braddie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

But grass is green or pinkish? I mean, even without IRCUT, in daytime has colors ok?
Grass is green and colors are correct day and night on mine (since it stays in day mode at night because of ample lighting).

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Perfect braddie, me too I'll leave it in daytime mode on night.
Maybe I'll ask the vendor about this, probably it has a fixed filter and the description is wrong...

@Jack
Is it possible to adjust the colors of the grass with Blueiris? If this is possible, there is no problem also without the filter. I mean, if you change the general hue, I hope you correct the grass, but you don't ruin the other colors.

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I saw the Gadinan now has some new models all with IRCut mechanical filter (it's removed on night): they are recognizable by the front 3 lens screws in a triangular form, like this one:
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cm2imK1K
instead of the old models square like this, where they say there is no space to add the ircut:
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/9QJ8TEY

The only problem is all the new models are without the rectangular box to cover the camera...
Do you know where to buy it for these cameras? Has the seller it? Anyone tried these models?
They seem good.

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Jack they still working good? Any chance we could get a snapshot sample just for grins?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Anyone have any images or video samples to share from any of these tiny POE cams?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Anyone run across one of the motorized zoom models WITH a case and not just a naked circuit board?

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I don't know why nobody shows some pics from these cams. Maybe should we ask through a PM?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Agreed...looks like several asks for pic/video samples go unanswered....maybe they are really no good.

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Well, that's the aim of this forum... even if they are no good, it should be very useful to know, posting some pics.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Some posts talk of versions with an IR CUT filter....But given what I know about the physical functionality of how an IR CUT filter works, that being an actual lens has to be able to be popped in front of or removed away from the lens to engage or disengage the filter....It does not appear possible, given the size and shape, that ANY of these tiny IP cameras could actually have an IR CUT filter. There is just no room and the mechanics would have to be obviously visible around the lens, which it is not on any models I have seen.

Anyone know any different?

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I think it's a magnetic mechanism: the little filter is attracted when magnet is on and then released, maybe with a spring, with magnetic field off. It should be possible also in little space.

braddie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Some posts talk of versions with an IR CUT filter....But given what I know about the physical functionality of how an IR CUT filter works, that being an actual lens has to be able to be popped in front of or removed away from the lens to engage or disengage the filter....It does not appear possible, given the size and shape, that ANY of these tiny IP cameras could actually have an IR CUT filter. There is just no room and the mechanics would have to be obviously visible around the lens, which it is not on any models I have seen.

Anyone know any different?
You are correct. None of the tiny cameras in an enclosure have ir-cut. I looked thoroughly when I wanted to buy one and the only ones in a form factor this small that have ircut come as just boards without an enclosure, like this:
2mp-Full-HD-CCTV-1080P-font-b-IP-b-font-font-b-Camera-b-font-Module.jpg

The board and everything is the same on the cameras with ir-cut and those without, it's just that once you add the ir cut filter it cannot be fit into the enclosure anymore. Maybe if there was a slightly bigger enclosure but I couldn't find one, which is understandable considering once you add room for the filter you end up with something as big as mini domes but a lot less convenient for set up since it's a cube.

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Yes, that's the reason I said in a previous post, there are SOME tiny cam that HAS the ir cut, like this link: http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/yegoWsC .
Instead nbstl68 said ANY tiny cam can't have it: that's not true (I hope, looking at spec).
Anyway, even those with IR cut are really tiny (as spec): 38mm x 38mm.
They lack of the enclosure, yes, but it must be found somewhere and it will be still in the range of 42-45mm I think, not very large comparing it to dome cam.

BTW: do you searched the box somewhere? Some links of box that could fit on these tiny cam without enclosure?

braddie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Yes, that's the reason I said in a previous post, there are SOME tiny cam that HAS the ir cut, like this link: http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cPfEeH4G .
Instead nbstl68 said ANY tiny cam can't have it: that's not true (I hope, looking at spec).
Anyway, even those with IR cut are really tiny (as spec): 38mm x 38mm.
They lack of the enclosure, yes, but it must be found somewhere and it will be still in the range of 42-45mm I think, not very large comparing it to dome cam.

BTW: do you searched the box somewhere? Some links of box that could fit on these tiny cam without enclosure?
There are tiny domes, much smaller than the regular dome cameras like this one:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Gadinan-ONVIF-1-2-8-SONY-IMX222-Full-HD-1080P-2-0MP-Ultra-lowillumination-Mini-Dome/32484550117.html
They're only slightly bigger than the tiny enclosure, especially if you exclude the base and you mount it using a bolth through the back or some other hack. You can tell how small it is by comparing it to the connector in the second photo.

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Nice, that's small.
BUT it's still more than twice of these tiny cams, even with your proposed hack, at least in two dimensions:

• Dimensions (L x W x D)(mm): 10*9*8cm

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
IR would be nice for monitoring cat door in Garage, I dont really want to record the video just snapshots on motion so I have a entry/exit log for the cats.. we have pet eating predators about and it'ld be nice to have an automated means of keeping track of them coming and going.. espically when we are on vacation, they never appear for house sitters... so they've been known to go weeks without being seen.

But if that dont work I'll just slap up a night light I guess.. as long as I can tell the white cat from the black cat I am good.. there is an automated cat feeder right inside the cat door, so I can make sure they show up in the daytime.

Right now the cat door is being watched by a trail cam, but to retrieve photos I have to pull the card.. so no remote checkins.
@nayr, you ever set this tiny cam up for cat door monitoring (or anything else)?
...The cats still around? (You mentioned cat eating predators and sounds like you give them 24/7 roaming privileges.)

I figured with all your home automation you'd have wired that door up for notification or something.

I use one of these cat doors. It at least lets me attempt a curfew, keeping the cats in after a certain time IF they decide to come in and gives you basic who is in\out last time tracking so I at least know to look for them hiding in the house or not. My fisheye cam in the garage does a semi-consistent job of triggering when they come through.

Cat Mate Elite Microchip Cat Door With Timer Control

Maybe with your Code-Fu skills you could hack into this cat door controller and make the tiny cam take a pic every time the door was triggered!
:cool:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.