Night Vision guidelines

jj2473

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,
Just setup Blue Iris 5 and 5 Riolink RLC-410-5MP cameras. All of these are outside a residence. I notice that on (2) of them they are rather close to people walking up to them at night and the white light seems to wash out their faces so that cannot be identified. Any recommendations/guidelines for adjusting the Basic or advanced settings of these camera's to get a clearer night picture? Thank in advance for any assistance.

jj2473

n3wb
Reaction score
Too late, they were recommended by a co-worker ( IT field) and he said he was happy with them. I saw what they could do through the native Riolink app and seemed perfect for my need. I was planning on ordering something like the IPC-HFW1831c-pir for the front door so that I can use the two way audio.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello All,
Just setup Blue Iris 5 and 5 Riolink RLC-410-5MP cameras. All of these are outside a residence. I notice that on (2) of them they are rather close to people walking up to them at night and the white light seems to wash out their faces so that cannot be identified. Any recommendations/guidelines for adjusting the Basic or advanced settings of these camera's to get a clearer night picture? Thank in advance for any assistance.
Welcome @jj2473

As you are using Blue Iris:

If you have enough ambient light in those 2 locations, replace them with Dahua OEM 2MP starlight or 4MP starlight+ models that you can keep in color mode.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

jj2473

n3wb
Reaction score