No Email Notification

I send to the same gmail account, so effectively sending to the same account. Could that be an issue or problem with doing that?

I send to the same gmail account, so effectively sending to the same account. Could that be an issue or problem with doing that?
Good point but defeats the object.
I prefer Hotmail as its an immediate notification where others are a bit slower sending the alerts.
It did after about 1 minute

Reactions: bigkap
I think I might have figured out what is going on with my email alerts. Took a lot of digging into and some by chance what the hell moments.

So this morning I checked my phone and had emails for both my daughter and son leaving the house to go to work, fine I thought. Checked a few hours later and the emails were gone which is where what the hell comes into it.

What I've discovered is that the emails from BI were somehow being tagged/labelled so they initially would appear in the Inbox and then be labelled and then disappear but could be seen in the All Mail view. Further scraping and digging I found that there was an active label being applied to these emails but when you look at the actual email in All Mail the label wasn't there? No idea what was going on!

So for the time being I've deleted this label and will monitor and hopefully this should sort out the issue I've been having.

All must boil down to user error, this email I setup ages ago and although I can't remember I must have setup the label that was being applied as there is no way that GMail decided to create and apply a label randomly to just emails from BI.

Reactions: TonyR
Arggghhh it’s still happening, the mail is visible in the inbox for a few hours and then seems to be moved to the All Mail folder even though it’s not been read.

Looks like I’ll be doing lots of googling today hoping I find the cause but at least I now know where to look for these emails.

• Sad
Did some more reading and from what I’ve read this is happening as I’m effectively sending an email to myself. Gmail is realising that I’ve sent the email to myself so doesn’t tag the email as a new email and also doesn’t show it in sent items hence the only place it can be seen is All Mail.

I’m going to change my config to use another email account to send an email to this account which should resolve the problem.

Hi, I updated BI however, still no good. Everything seems OK at the Microsoft end but when I do a test, Authentication error
I assume you also setup a new OAuth token then? I believe Ken forgot to include the update to the "Update Notes" in the help file. I would do it the same way as it explains in the help file for Gmail.

1728931086321.png

I’ve just yesterday setup another gmail address as the sending email which now sends to another gmail address and it’s all working and I can now see new emails in the inbox.

Pity I need to use one to send to another but as I said it’s just a quirk of gmail minimising duplicate emails/data.