No videos on BI app..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It should be a non issue based on whom. People are trying to get the best bang for their dollar. Folks will go to a completely different car dealership over 30 dollars. If you think they won't go to your competition over a 30 dollar difference than I don't know what area of wealth you're in. Why do you think folks purchase cams on Alie instead of from Nellys, Wrightwood or LTS? It's the same practice for me in the alarm business. If I can offer the same alarm package for 5.00 less than my competition to get the customer who do you think they'll go with. Trust me, BI is an excellent product. For me I will have to factor in the initial cost all future version upgrade cost into my inital cost, so that every year I don't have to charge an additional 30 dollars or more, when an nvr has no software upgrade cost.
Why do you have to factor in all upgrade future costs? How long are you promising support for? Its not 30 dollars a year. Its 30 dollars every 3 years or so. If someone refuses to pony up 30 dollars every 3 years then they should use an NVR. If they cant pay 10 dollars a year for a superior product with constant new features then you should stick with an inferior one.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was using worst case scenario. If it only cost 30.00 every three years, that I can live with!

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well than that settles it!! Great convoy once again Fender.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Blake, curious about the time issue of BI vs NVR. Its extremely obvious about BI being cheap in cost vs NVR. But the issue of up time, ease of use and happy customers is not something to overlook. What would your BI customers want?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Blake, curious about the time issue of BI vs NVR. Its extremely obvious about BI being cheap in cost vs NVR. But the issue of up time, ease of use and happy customers is not something to overlook. What would your BI customers want?
BI is not cheaper, its far superior to an NVR and thats why its worth the extra cost. A customer who does not know what they are doing should not touch an NVR or Blue iris. With blue iris its much easier to provider remote update service because you can log into the machine directly. With an NVR you need another local pc to remote in and update firmware. Bottom line is that customers who have no clue should not be touching either.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
BI is not cheaper, its far superior to an NVR and thats why its worth the extra cost. A customer who does not know what they are doing should not touch an NVR or Blue iris. With blue iris its much easier to provider remote update service because you can log into the machine directly. With an NVR you need another local pc to remote in and update firmware. Bottom line is that customers who have no clue should not be touching either.
Wondering what Blake has to say.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Simplicity and not recurring charges. Right now I'm working with an HOA. The package that I give one goes for all, so I have to ensure that it's as perfect as it can be. I have nvr's and BI in one development.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Simplicity and not recurring charges. Right now I'm working with an HOA. The package that I give one goes for all, so I have to ensure that it's as perfect as it can be. I have nvr's and BI in one development.
How is system access achieved,
1)is their a person on the HOA who will do minimal support for home owners?
2) Do home owners have video access to any or all cameras?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The systems are on their individual homes for their personal use.

A K

n3wb
Reaction score
Don't feel bad. Bought the software 3 months ago and have never got it to work. Gave up. It probably the D Link cameras. haven't a clue. Ispy works but BI don't.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't feel bad. Bought the software 3 months ago and have never got it to work. Gave up. It probably the D Link cameras. haven't a clue. Ispy works but BI don't.
Your issue is not related to the OP here. If ispy can view the dlinks then blue iris can as well. Blue iris is lightyears ahead of ispy and does not have a ridiculous monthly fee for remote access and alerts. In you other post for assistance I asked you to post screenshots of your settings. We cant help you without the screenshots. Your problem is user error.

mikcole

n3wb
Reaction score
Problem with d-link cameras?? I've got d-link cameras (of all ages) and have no problem with Blue Iris. I mix ips with cctv, wireless with wired and BI handles them all.

A K

n3wb
Reaction score
What screen shot do you need? I sent what it read . There is no screen shot to see. It just a black screen with errors on it. No picture.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

A K

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't believe it. I got it working. I had to delete port 81 and add Blue Iris. I am sooo happy. Sorry to be a pain. I will play with it some more. D Link software never worked right. I have the one here at the house lit up , now my remote in the country is another issue. I'll be back . Thanks for you patience.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
I can't believe it. I got it working. I had to delete port 81 and add Blue Iris. I am sooo happy. Sorry to be a pain. I will play with it some more. D Link software never worked right. I have the one here at the house lit up , now my remote in the country is another issue. I'll be back . Thanks for you patience.
I played a lot with D-ViewCam, it worked but was crude. I think it was purchase by Dlink and they didn't throw resources at to tidy it up. Dlink hardware and firmware are robust, higher level software not.

Link below says it all.

http://us.dlink.com/search/keyword/D-ViewCam/

Last edited by a moderator:

A K

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks
I have 2 DSC5222L's and a new 6511. D view works sometimes sometimes not. still trying to get BI working here on my network. Haven't even tried to connect to the country house camera. D link software works on the off site but not on local network. Frustrating at least.