I am confused here;
Who is writing to this folder Blue Iris or Node Red? Do I have to put a path to it in node red? (My first time using node red)
- Create a separate folder to store the images where ALPR detected a tag (outside Blue Iris)
- The original images are deleted when Blue Iris deletes the clip/alert. Copying them elsewhere allows you to keep them as long as you want
- This folder should be local to the Node Red instance
I'm breaking this off into it's own thread since I expect as more people try this, the same questions will come up - thanks to my near total lack of details in the instructions
For anyone finding this thread, most of what you need to get up to speed is in this post: Blue Iris and CodeProject.AI ALPR
There are a few places you need to change things in the main flow to get things going:
In the source folder function node, replace the part in the quotes:
msg.sourcepath = "s:\\BlueIris\\Alerts\\" + msg.payload.Camera
msg.sourcepath = "c:\\BlueIrisVideo\\Alerts\\" + msg.payload.Camera
While we're listing the configuration steps for the main flow:
- In the MQTT listener, make sure the Topic is the same as the topic you set in Blue Iris in the On Alert action
- In the SQL database node (labeled "LPR") you have to click the edit icon (pencil) next to the Database field and set up the connection to your database.
I think that is everything that has to be configured in that flow for your environment.