NON security outdoor wifi cameras

jeffengel

n3wb
Reaction score
I am new to the forum. This may have come up before. I am looking for a battery powered IP outdoor camera without all the security bells and whistles. I don't need motion detection or two way audio. I just want an inexpensive camera system I can put outdoors to regularly ftp images to a place I can define. I also do not want 4G LTE cameras. Just local wifi is fine. I have internet access figured out seprerate. I also am not looking for trail cameras. When I do a search I just get trail cameras and security cameras. I am just uploading pictures to display on a web site. Thanks for any suggestions

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am new to the forum. This may have come up before. I am looking for a battery powered IP outdoor camera without all the security bells and whistles. I don't need motion detection or two way audio. I just want an inexpensive camera system I can put outdoors to regularly ftp images to a place I can define. I also do not want 4G LTE cameras. Just local wifi is fine. I have internet access figured out seprerate. I also am not looking for trail cameras. When I do a search I just get trail cameras and security cameras. I am just uploading pictures to display on a web site. Thanks for any suggestions
Welcome @jeffengel

Perhaps something like this?

So the issue is regularly sending ftp .. which typically means the system is on all the time to monitor a clock ( system clock for example ) and then take the snap shot and send. This is not a typical application and thus you're not finding many products that lists support for it.

What do you consider "inexpensive" for this?

jeffengel

n3wb
Reaction score
Inexpensive is under $50. It is for a web site to collect regular images of landscape - watch the grass grow so to speak. Much simpler application than security or video.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Inexpensive is under $50. It is for a web site to collect regular images of landscape - watch the grass grow so to speak. Much simpler application than security or video.
Hi @jeffengel

I don't see how you can find one which meets these specs for $50 ...

If you can power the location for the camera you probably could find a wifi camera for that ...