Noob needing help with Camera set up

Newbie1009

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently wanted to upgrade my security from those cheap wifi cameras on Amazon to IP cameras. So I bought the recommended stuff from here but now I need a little help setting it up on Blue Iris.

My PoE switch: Amazon.com : EmpireTech IPC-HDW5231R-ZE IP Camera 2MP Starlight WDR IR Eyeball Starlight Network IP Camera English Version : Camera & Photo
My Gigabyte switch: Cameras (6): Amazon.com : EmpireTech IPC-HDW5231R-ZE IP Camera 2MP Starlight WDR IR Eyeball Starlight Network IP Camera English Version : Camera & Photo

I connected my router, computer, and PoE switch into the gigabyte switch.
I connected my cameras into the PoE switch.
My router connects to the modem which connects to the internet.

Now my problem is how do I view the camera on Blue Iris because it cannot find the camera? I understand I have to change the IP address or something of my camera but i have no idea how to do that fro this particular brand. if there is any tutorial or if someone could walk me through it i would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome @Newbie1009

I did not see a link to a PoE switch.

The only switch I see in your list is:
TP-Link 5 Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch | Ethernet Splitter | Sturdy Metal w/ Shielded Ports | Plug-and-Play | Traffic Optimization | Unmanaged (TL-SG105)

Please double check, as the above switch does not supply PoE power from my understanding.

Also - there should be instructions in the cliff notes, and iirc someone posted some here also in a thread.