Noob question please

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol! I wonder what they've done to it.
Please DO NOT update the camera with any other firmware which is not supplied by the seller.

olli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
federer, I'm not actually 100% sure about that. @fenderman can help i think.
@alastairstevenson possibly the normal hack to change language from Chinese to English. If customer upgrades the fw, the language will change to Chinese and customer is going to blame seller.

Last edited by a moderator:

federer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks fenderman

damnit.....this is a lot of dough. i may do just 4 instead of 5 cams"(

federer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
fenderman- is there a cheaper nvr that would match up with my cameras you think? i did some more reading and for the price these are real good cameras for my needs. you guys give solid advice.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
fenderman- is there a cheaper nvr that would match up with my cameras you think? i did some more reading and for the price these are real good cameras for my needs. you guys give solid advice.
Not sure, i dont use standlone nvr's much so I dont follow the pricing...you can start with cameras that have an sd card slot and avoid the NVR totally, or just set the cameras to 1080p and use the cheaper NVR...if you go the 1080p router i would suggest a native 2mp camera so that you benefit from the better low light capability of the 2mp...

federer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not sure, i dont use standlone nvr's much so I dont follow the pricing...you can start with cameras that have an sd card slot and avoid the NVR totally, or just set the cameras to 1080p and use the cheaper NVR...if you go the 1080p router i would suggest a native 2mp camera so that you benefit from the better low light capability of the 2mp...
thank you! what do you prefer to use if not nvr? an actual pc?

Michael

n3wb
Reaction score
I am also noob in camera topics. Does anybody know if it's possible that CCTV system will send a message and show online translation at the smartphone if the camera detects a certain action at a certain distance? For example actions 13 foots in front of the camera with duration more than 15 seconds (when someone do something too long at the same place). Is it possible?