NVMS7000 help

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ongoing saga with the firmware update on my NVR.I have given up on trying to deal with the web interface issue for now. I am trying to figure out why I can't seem to restore the use of the NVMS7000 software on my iMac desktop. I cleared my history and reinstalled the program. I can enter the set up wizard and it prompts you to select show online devices. When you select that the NVR shows up as online, you get the device information, The MAC address,software version, device ID, IP address, subnet mask,and port. You can click it and it goes to the next screen with the ip address and port and asks you to name the device and input a user name and password, when I do this I get importing failed, connection lost or device offline. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to try to sort this out? Thanks, Jim

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Its related to the NVR issue..you will have to get that sorted first.

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok. i guess I will just sit tight until I can get some help from LTS on Monday. I thought about just going back with the default factory settings on the NVR but didn't do it yet. Thanks

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Milk came through again! It seems that this was all due to the new password requirements of the new firmware. He had me default it back to the original 12345 password and set everything up from there. It seems that even though you can set up a different password that is 7 characters nothing else will recognize it!