NVR ds-7608ni-i2/8p firmware upgrade gone wrong.

danaussie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm late to the party so I hope danaussie and/or Mike Ross is still around to assist me or anyone that has been successful unbricking their NVR following either process. I bought the NVR second hand brand new. Nothing was wrong with it, seller lost receipt so I can't go to a supplier here in Brisbane to give me a master code to unlock it :(

My issue is yes NVR is bricked and I can't log on because there's no alphabet entry in the User Name and when I exported the GUID setting new password, the NVR has exported the GUID incorrectly so now I can't set a new password even though logging in is an issue... Also when plugged in to SADP software the new set password did not work :banghead::facepalm:

I'm new to all of these and I tried to follow danaussie and Mike Ross instructions to unbrick the NVR but I'm completely loss and hopeless at these things.

Anyone here please explain to me what I need and how to do unbrick the NVR?
In one of my posts I tell the tale of when I thought I had bricked mine too, couldn't even login as the user interface was all messed up and in different language. The process I described in my post fixed it all. Good luck.

Beowolve

n3wb
Reaction score
In one of my posts I tell the tale of when I thought I had bricked mine too, couldn't even login as the user interface was all messed up and in different language. The process I described in my post fixed it all. Good luck.
That's crazy that you replied! Honestly had my hopes down as this is thread is a couple years old and thought either of you (danaussie and/or Mike Ross or anyone successful) were inactive. Am I able to message you just a couple of questions to help fill the cracks in my brain to solve the issue?

danaussie

n3wb
Reaction score
That's crazy that you replied! Honestly had my hopes down as this is thread is a couple years old and thought either of you (danaussie and/or Mike Ross or anyone successful) were inactive. Am I able to message you just a couple of questions to help fill the cracks in my brain to solve the issue?
sure, no probs

Connectome

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I too purchased my NVR from JK Security; he's quite reliable. Do you think we should update our NVR to the latest European/American firmware? The Australian version seems to be outdated.

America: V4.61.025
Australia: V4.60.005

stumpy

n3wb
Reaction score
I updated my NVR from V4.4.015 to V4.60.005 yesterday and it only remembered half the details on re-boot. I had to re enter all hik-connect details, alert email addresses and camera intrusion detector parameters etc. V4.60 is dated 07/03/2023 so not that old really. I would try and find out what's been rolled out in the update, see if it's worth the risk.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I updated my NVR from V4.4.015 to V4.60.005 yesterday and it only remembered half the details on re-boot.
Yes, annoyingly a few firmware versions around that one reset the configuration to default values as part of the update process.
I don't recall seeing that mentioned in any release notes.

Reaction score
I updated my NVR from V4.4.015 to V4.60.005 yesterday and it only remembered half the details on re-boot. I had to re enter all hik-connect details, alert email addresses and camera intrusion detector parameters etc. V4.60 is dated 07/03/2023 so not that old really. I would try and find out what's been rolled out in the update, see if it's worth the risk.
My camera's still seems to be working fine on the old V4.50.005, so I'll just sit this firmware update out, given what's happened to you. After reading this other ipcamtalk thread, I'm thinking it could be a consensus amongst others in the same situation. I'm not saying I wont update ever again. But only if I'm forced to if somethings not working properly. Here's the other thread illustrating that point... Hikvision NVR FW upgrade

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Region locked firmware seems to be the main thing to watch out for with the NVR's. Mine was bought in Australia and I came unstuck updating it to overseas firmware. (Now it's locked to overseas firmware and Australian firmware doesn't work!)