NVR firmware V3.4.6 build160405 released.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like it's for 76xx yet, also they jumped a few builds from 3.4.2

mayfer

n3wb
Reaction score
It looks like they have removed any reference to the 76xx series in that link. Did they move the 76xx CN version somewhere else?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Did they move the 76xx CN version somewhere else?
I haven't seen it anywhere else.
But the references don't always show consistency, it may depend on who provides the web site updates.
But I'm pretty sure it still supports the 76xxN-Ex series.

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes I bought your turret 2CD2332-I (firmware V5.3.0 build 150513) remember? Should I upgrade the nvr you think I'll run into issues with the nvr and camera?

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yes I bought your turret 2CD2332-I (firmware V5.3.0 build 150513) remember? Should I upgrade the nvr you think I'll run into issues with the nvr and camera?
I meant your NVR. Is it English version? As far as cam you will be ok, I have two 2432s (original firmware is 5.1.0) currently running 5.2.5 firmware using the same exact MTD hack and they work with 3.4.2 NVR. I don't remember what original build turret had (look at the label), but I think it's also older build before Hikvision added extra hassle in cams shipped with 5.2.5 or later builds. I'll upgrade one of the cams to 5.3.0 and let you know. You can revert back to 5.2.5 via tftp method.

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have WR Region English NVR currently with Firmware V3.3.4 Build 150811
and the Turret Originally came with Encoding Version V5.0 build 150327
it currently has Firmware Version V5.3.0 build 150513 so i'll be good?

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, you will be good. Just upgraded one of my cams to 5.3.0 (newer build then what you have below) and no issues with NVR. Again, I am referring to the cam you got from me, if you got other Hikvision China cams then you may have issue depending on what original build they had.

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Cameras/DS-2CD2xx2/
Thanks man, Im gonna upgrade the NVR Tomorrow and play around with it, I heard there's a lot of new features with 3.4.2

Can I upgrade the turret to V5.3.0 build 150814(new) ? That way all of my cams have matching Firmware's I have a 2132's and 2032's all of them have 5.3.0 Build 150814 except the turret (2CD2332-I)

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes it is upgradable, it's that you can't downgrade, you have to use tftp method for that, but language is preserved.
Hey @klasipca I finally upgraded my NVR to 3.4.2 with no problems what soever, Everything worked out perfectly, all cameras including the 2CD2332-I are working perfectly, The only thing I wasn't expecting was setting up email notification and giving the NVR a new IP address for some reason it kicked into default mode, I even had to set up line detection, motion detection and intrusion detection. But I finally tinkered with it and got everything working. Thanks again.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
You don't need luck, if the cam is pre 5.2.5 original firmware you'll be fine.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The only thing I wasn't expecting was setting up email notification and giving the NVR a new IP address for some reason it kicked into default mode, I even had to set up line detection, motion detection and intrusion detection.
Worth doing now, if you haven't already done it, is to export the device configuration (maintenance menu) and save the file in a safe place, suitably named.

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You don't need luck, if the cam is pre 5.2.5 original firmware you'll be fine.
Thanks, Sorry If I come off as not knowing anything about this firmware stuff, this stuff is literally native language to me, This if my first CCCH Camera, All my other cameras are Western Region so I usually wait a couple of weeks to upgrade those cameras firmware, make sure the manufacturer gets all the bugs out. So I'm always skeptical about upgrading the firmware on this particular Turret. I appreciate all your help hands down.

Worth doing now, if you haven't already done it, is to export the device configuration (maintenance menu) and save the file in a safe place, suitably named.
Yeah I went ahead and did that as soon as I finished all my configs

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks, Sorry If I come off as not knowing anything about this firmware stuff, this stuff is literally native language to me, This if my first CCCH Camera, All my other cameras are Western Region so I usually wait a couple of weeks to upgrade those cameras firmware, make sure the manufacturer gets all the bugs out. So I'm always skeptical about upgrading the firmware on this particular Turret. I appreciate all your help hands down.
It was a roller coaster with the firmware and Hikvision lock down in the past few years.... Back then CCCH cams were worthwhile, but that's no longer the case. Unless someone cracks the code I would personally stick with Western cams.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone found 3.4.6 build available for I2? The one for E2 available on the site

Last edited by a moderator: