NVR firmware V3.4.6 build160405 released.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The sync IPC password feature I believe was implemented awhile ago when they introduced device Activation. The premise behind that being for the plug n play users, with cameras that are deactivated (no password), when connected to the NVR, something needs to set a password for those. By hand you would do this through SADP. However the NVR is taking the place of that and performing it automatically. By default, that copies the admin password from the NVR to the cameras through the initial handshake process. I think it's a reasonably well thought out process although I don't think they explain that to the user very well and have had to help a few people on here who couldn't figure out their IPC passwords when it was their NVR password the entire time.

What I am waiting for is the PPAPI plugin. I miss being able to control these boxes through chrome. Firefox and safari just aren't the same.

At any rate, thanks for the thorough explanation! Interesting finds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

montecrypto

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For those that are interested, I am cutting and pasting the available commands form the SSH shell on the I-Series (this is from a DS-7716NI-I4 - I think the 96XX may have a few more):

BusyBox v1.2.1 Protect Shell (psh)
Enter 'help' for a list of davinci system commands.

# help
Support Commands:
[snip]
#
+hidden command to enter debug mode: zhimakaimen. It needs a response for the challenge and you only have 5 attempts. It is easier to disable psh altogether though.

allanak

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone found 3.4.6 build available for I2? I found one for E series, wouldn't apply for I2. In case someone wants to give a shot I am attaching it. Disclaimer: try at our own risk.
Tried your uploaded version twice on my DS-7608N-E2. I get as far as the web UI but couldn't login with the existing admin password or any of the defaults. I flashed twice, same problem. Not able to generate a working key for the pw reset tool either. Back to 3.3.6 for now.

wwwoeiq

n3wb
Reaction score
+hidden command to enter debug mode: zhimakaimen. It needs a response for the challenge and you only have 5 attempts. It is easier to disable psh altogether though.
So there's no way to generate the password, we have to contact hikvision?

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok , i had it, i owned my e2 now for some 2 weeks or something and already tired of it because its lack of speed and alarminputs etc =D. got it sold for buying price so no harm done. can someone tell me a good store on AE for the i2 /8p version please, the searchfunction at ali E piss me off a bit lately. =D

Last edited by a moderator:

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks. that was the only one I found myself when using their normal search .. which is useless.... but hey if he give me a good price for normal non express shipping I´ll be happy. =)

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@FastCamMan. Can you please verify the following?
1. Does the DS-7608NI-I2/8P that can take 2 SATA disks support mirror (or redundant mode as HIK calls it) operation where the video stream is recorded at both hard disks at the same time?
2. Further to the above question is the events log being recorded at both hard disks or at the hard disk connected at the first SATA interface? (The old 76xxNI-SE models record the video stream at both disks BUT the events log is recorded ONLY at the first disk.)
3. Have they introduced a feature for automatic rebooting of the NVR according to a predefine schedule ?

Last edited by a moderator:

FastCamMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@FastCamMan. Can you please verify the following?
1. Does the DS-7608NI-I2/8P that can take 2 SATA disks support mirror (or redundant mode as HIK calls it) operation where the video stream is recorded at both hard disks at the same time?
2. Further to the above question is the events log being recorded at both hard disks or at the hard disk connected at the first SATA interface? (The old 76xxNI-SE models record the video stream at both disks BUT the events log is recorded ONLY at the first disk.)
3. Have they introduced a feature for automatic rebooting of the NVR according to a predefine schedule ?
1. Yes, but it is not RAID-1 mirroring on DS-77XX-NI....just HIK Redundant mode
2. Not sure. This is a good question...
3. Not that I am aware of.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hikvision have released a minor update - V3.4.62 http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Recorder/DS-7600NI-E1(E2) 7700NI-E4/
Release note simply says : "Optimizes NVR's web component compatibility with windows system."
webcomponents is now V3.0.6.1
Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?> 
<FileVersion>
<Platform name='win32'>
    <npWebVideoPlugin.dll>3,0,6,1</npWebVideoPlugin.dll>
    <WebVideoActiveX.ocx>3,0,6,1</WebVideoActiveX.ocx>
    <PlayCtrl.dll>7,2,2,70</PlayCtrl.dll>
    <StreamTransClient.dll>1,1,3,4</StreamTransClient.dll>
    <SystemTransform.dll>2,5,1,4</SystemTransform.dll>
    <NetStream.dll>1,0,5,37</NetStream.dll>
    <AudioIntercom.dll>1,2,0,1</AudioIntercom.dll>
</Platform>
</FileVersion>
A copy here if anyone wishes to try it :View attachment WebComponents.zip

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
installed it . it works perfect for the last minute I tried it anyway sop can´t complain.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
3.0.6.1 was the same version for 3.4.6 I believe. At any rate, no chrome/PPAPI support, so makes no difference. Works fine otherwise though.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
3.0.6.1 was the same version for 3.4.6 I believe.
Yes, you're quite right, the detailed version info is identical in the 3.4.6 firmware.
I assume from the release note that webcomponents has been updated.
The files size and contents are different, it's a different build.
It's not good if they are not paying proper attention to version IDs.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They haven't really done all that well with versioning on anything except major releases. Look at the firmware for the 7600 SE series. There's 3 versions of 3.0.15. The only differentiation is the build date. Who does this

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes indeed - it's part of professional software development that rigorous version control is in the process, and that implies detailed definitions.
To be fair, though, it's an area that's seen improvements, though no doubt driven by the on-going restrictions "your version is unrollback" lol!
And build dates are recognised as a minor element of a versionID, though they are buried deep in the firmware and not generally accessible.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's true. There's many instances where from the public eye it's as if they're engineering the restrictions, and the feature set is simply a byproduct. But why you can't make n million different subversions (who cares how high the number goes) to differentiate them is beyond me. It has been better lately depending on the makes and models affected, but the point still stands either way. Would have been horrible for them to make up to 3.0.17 firmware (in the example I described above). I'm sure there's reasons for a lot of the weird things they they do, and we can only speculate from the outside as to why. Although some are very very clear. *cough* region lock *cough cough*

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just upgraded, finally smart events show up on the timeline as green events. This is great improvement for me at least.

FlyingRain

n3wb
Reaction score
I just upgraded, finally smart events show up on the timeline as green events. This is great improvement for me at least.
When you say smart events show up as green on the timeline, do you mean via the web or via direct connect? If web, how did you get this to function? I dont have it. I've upgraded too.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I see in only on the NVR device direct connected. From website on pc i connot see the recordered movies at all :( (windows 10 with Internet Explore)

montecrypto

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So there's no way to generate the password, we have to contact hikvision?
They use RSA, but psh generates a rather short challenge and it might be possible to write an app to bruteforce the response, but again, it is easier to get rid of psh altogether.