NVR Help

dune157

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I made a post in the Blue Iris area a few weeks ago, but it seems that I'm not getting it to work for my situtation.

So, I'm calling out for help to find a semi-enterprise solution.

Currently, we have 62 IP cameras.

Camera types:

Intellinet: 44 NFC30/NFD30... 12 are NFC31 with h264 capability
Intellinet: 1- IDC-752IR 720p (h264 ability)
Foscam 89xx: 3
Trendnet TV-IP110W: 2
Axis 215 PTZ - 1

We use the NVR software ViewCommander. It's okay, but there are limitations on cameras since it's older. We have version 4, and they are on v6 now.

This NVR software is Base License + Camera Licenses. So, at this point, it really isn't economical to just pay a couple thousand dollars to move to v6 with all licenses.

Unfortunately, the version that we have does not work with h.264. All our cameras currently record via MJPEG.

We've turned down the quality on the cameras along with fps to 3. We have seven 3 TB drives in our server to maintain footage (total 21 TB).

We get less than 3 months of video retention split among all drives.

Anyone have any ideas?

The problem I ran into with BlueIris was re-encoding lag so we could store the MJPEG as h264.

Let me go ahead and say thanks for anyone who gives this time of day.

--dune

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...
I dont think you are going to find a free or low cost enterprise solution.....at this point, i would consider these options..
1) figure out how to resolve the issues you are having with blue iris...
2) Buy 62 1.3mp dahua/hikvision cameras for 70-100 dollars depending on the source and run free pss for dahua or ivms for hikvision... and sell you old cameras on ebay...
I would certainly no invest in licenses to support old vga cameras.