NVR HNR51P6-16 and NC304-XD Turret Cameras System Reset and Cannot add Cameras

Trinergy

n3wb
Reaction score
Tried TFTP one more time and got nothing again. Only thing in Wireshark that even looks like the camera is in this pic.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The method of last resort is to connect up to the serial console via a connector inside the camera.
A bit tedious, but should yield a result.
It may be worth a look to clarify what's going on with the tftp updater.
If a password can be extracted, as opposed to the device just being reset, that should also work for the remainder.

Trinergy

n3wb
Reaction score
Ironically, I think I have a 4 pin JST equipped adapter to 4 Pin PC PWM fan adapter for connecting a case fan to a GPU which uses JST. I also think I have a USB to TTL adapter from an Xbox 360 hacking kit. Wow maybe I will try this out.

Trinergy

n3wb
Reaction score
Can I assume if I use this article to piece together usb to jst to serial adapter I can use this Manual: Create console/serial access to Hikvision DS-2CD2032F-I article? I think it has the same pitch JST connector. Any other directions on what to do after I get my adapter together would be greatly appreciated. At this point it is a matter or principal, hate to throw out 16 perfectly good cameras because the person that new the password is gone.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The 4-pin JST ZH connector is 1.5mm not 1.25mm as in that post.
And you might be better off with a PL2303TA as opposed to the HX for use with Win10 as opposed to Win7 due to driver availability.

Trinergy

n3wb
Reaction score
The 4-pin JST ZH connector is 1.5mm not 1.25mm as in that post.
And you might be better off with a PL2303TA as opposed to the HX for use with Win10 as opposed to Win7 due to driver availability.
Thanks. Would this USB serial adapter work? I can get it in one day supports multiple voltages for other uses.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Trinergy

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I cut back the connector wires and shoved in the 4 wires based on the image in the link to the corresponding wires on the serial converter. It is COM5 in windows. Everytime I plug the camera power the converter goes offline. Not sure what I am supposed to do actually. I hear the Windows USB disconnect sound when I power up the camera. Am I not supposed to power the camera?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see anything in putty
Did you connect RX to TX and vice versa?
Baud rate 115,200 8 bits no parity?

You may have damaged the USB serial TTL convertor.
Try connecting it's own TX to RX and see if it echoes what you type.

Trinergy

n3wb
Reaction score
I connect RX to RX and TX to TX I believe. let me flip them around.

By the way if I didn't thank you already, please accept my gratitude! You have been so nice in trying to help.

Trinergy

n3wb
Reaction score
It just doesn't want to cough up it's secrets. Any recommendations for a replacement that will work with my NVR that I can get in the states easily?