NVR VS Blue Iris

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
also while asking on a group as well if ive done the settings correct but it did not record the full day the settings were correct just the software randomly decided to do motion when the box for continuous recording was ticked and like i say it did work at first and i was quiet happy with it the hdd was filling up with 1 hour continuous recording i also checked it before closing the server door and it was working so im not sure if windows update did a update or my pc restarted but all im saying is that's what happend
Nope. Again, user error. You admit you had the wrong setting. Possibly also setup profiles without understanding that these settings are profile dependent. Amazing!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
you mean when you setup the sub stream for continues recording and you setup the HD for motion you mean? if so this is how it was setup
No I mean in the record tab. Its amazing to me that you didnt post your error so we can show you what you did wrong....Again, do you think all out systems stop recording? really?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
nope just watched youtube video's on how to set it up and it said to setup 2 streams for the cameras 1 for continuous recording and the other for motion detection like i say im not slagging off the software i was just stating the problem that i had with it maybe something was wrong or maybe something did happen but to me moving to a nvr was a lot better for me and was just saying that
OMG, you are clueless and now I am certain you didnt know how to setup properly. Are real, "expert" you are. I hate fools. Think for a moment, IF THE PROBLEM was blue iris, would all of us not have the SAME ISSUE. Next time READ THE MANUAL!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
By default BI records the main stream. You can also record the sub stream as well. The sub stream is used for multi camera display, like the console and for configuring motion detection zones. When viewing a single camera, double click on the camera in the console, the main stream is displayed.

If you're having problems with continuous recording you're doing something wrong. Many, many, people here are running continuous recording with motion detection and not missing anything. I have 17 cameras running that way right now with no problems. They are all using the same streams and motion detection does occur in the sub stream, but that does not effect mainstream recording. An alert is nothing more than a time marker in the data base when using continuous recording.

Maybe a screen shot, use snipping tool, of the record tab might help here.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
lol i did i posted it on a facebook group and the reply i got back was well it looks like its recording the full 12 hours

i said yes i know but i cannot get it to play back from the 3 seconds
and i just got told must of corrupted the video as the rest still worked
You didnt post HERE! Rather chose to post where the blind lead the blind.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
lol i joined this group to ask then saw a 8 channel nvr system for £100 so decided to just get that instead that's why now im using the pc as a server again
So you didnt know what the hell you were doing, failed to read the manual or ask for support and then determined a product was bad. Makes total sense. Its always those who hold themselves out as "experts" who are the most clueless. This has been a given here since day one.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
lol ive not said the product is bad and ive not said that im a expert of cause if ive made a error then my mistake but why would it work for the first 3 days then suddenly when its in for the full trial it works but then does not when i need it?
I explained two different reasons why YOUR setup errors would cause it not to work. Go over the the NVR posts, see how many of them entail, failing to record, the nvr going into a bootloop and countless other problems. Some caused by the user, like you did with BI, some caused by a faulty NVR. Again, did you not think, hey, this must be my fault otherwise why are there many thousands of blue iris users who put up with systems that dont record. hmmmmmm.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
the amount of times i tested it watching the recordings to check if its fully recorded gone passed it to check the motion detection and it all worked perfectly and all i did was move it and connected it all up the same not touched anything it still recorded the full days but for some reason it was only 1 clip that it did the motion detection which is correct but then its like it stopped and then recorded an hour after then the rest of the days were spot on so how can that be human error?
Move it? What does that mean? I explained 2 Possible human error issues. There can be many more caused by folks like you who like to press buttons and change settings without reading the help file.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i had it setup in a room with 1 camera facing the door of cause you can see the time and date moving so went passed it checking if it worked and i had no problems i then moved it into the server room had it setup so it goes straight onto the main camera full screen the red dot was on all the time no keyboard and mouse connected so nothing got touched and i checked it all on my laptop the next day and it was still working but theirs just 1 clip of someone in my garden but when i go to play it theirs no one their but on the clip theirs a guy then went on that time and it was missing so like i say i dno what happend but just saying that i had 1 minor problem

i got recommended to try it and also shown by someone who uses it so i know it works but just dno why it did that
Many reasons including those I mentioned and not setting the proper iframe intervals, poor connections on your part, I can go on and on...If you put garbage in you will get garbage out.

Reaction score
Many reasons including those I mentioned and not setting the proper iframe intervals, poor connections on your part, I can go on and on...If you put garbage in you will get garbage out.
but if u have a look online to others have had the same problem to so others have said that maybe the camera crashed maybe the system had crashed stuff like that but all i was stating was that i had 1 minor problem so not talking rubbish really

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
but if u have a look online to others have had the same problem to so others have said that maybe the camera crashed maybe the system had crashed stuff like that but all i was stating was that i had 1 minor problem so not talking rubbish really
Of course there are others who made the same or similar mistake you did. Did you check the similar complaints about NVR's. Let me help you. Here are hundreds just on dahua nvr's

Reaction score