NVR4XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.000.0000001.1.R.190830.zip

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Here is the firmware with the latest new one with stable version.

New Feature:
SMD function

① Support configuring SMD functions on IP cameras, such as enable switch, sensitivity and effective target.

② Support SMD alarm event, reusing MD alarm configuration.

③ Support filtered query and playback for human and vehicle.

④ Support displaying SMD rectangle on human and vehicle in live view.

⑤ Support displaying SMD rectangle on human and vehicle in playback.

Web browse optimization

① On the basis of single NIC and PoE channel jump, dual NIC network segment crossing jump is added for the web.

② For safety concerns, an enable switch is added for virtual machine. The switch is enabled by default, and the jump to the web will fail if it is disabled.

Here are the models that suit this firmware.( Attention only -4KS2 model can use this firmware. )

NVR4104-4KS2,
NVR4108-4KS2,
NVR4116-4KS2,
NVR4104-P-4KS2,
NVR4108-P-4KS2,
NVR4108-8P-4KS2,
NVR4116-8P-4KS2,
NVR4104HS-4KS2,
NVR4108HS-4KS2
NVR4116HS-4KS2
NVR4104HS-P-4KS2,
NVR4108HS-P-4KS2,
NVR4108HS-8P-4KS2,
NVR4116HS-8P-4KS2,
NVR4208-4KS2,
NVR4216-4KS2,
NVR4232-4KS2,
NVR4204-P-4KS2,
NVR4208-8P-4KS2,
NVR4216-16P-4KS2,

NVR4232-16P-4KS2,
NVR4416-4KS2,
NVR4432-4KS2,
NVR4416-16P-4KS2,
NVR4432-16P-4KS2,
NVR4816-4KS2,
NVR4832-4KS2,
NVR4816-16P-4KS2,
NVR4832-16P-4KS2

Release Notes has details for the new firmware.
Attention, when updated, the NVR can't be back to the older version. Please make a default(Not factotry default) on the NVR after update.

Attachments

cpo888

n3wb
Reaction score
Updated my NVR4108-P-4KS2 to this firmware yesterday, now each push notification shows 3x in my iPhone. Was working fine before this update. The only thing changed is updated the NVR firmware. No change to any of the camera firmware.

katcha

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've noticed that after the firmware upgrade the NVR4104-P-4KS2 performance went down. Every time when connecting remotely with IMOU (Easy4IP) a video stops on all 4 channels just a minute after connecting. Need to re-connect every minute.
Also after the upgrade from some reason I couldn't make connection with IPC-HFW1120S.
Had to downgrade back to version 3.216. All cameras connected without problems Everything with remote view is back to normal. Interesting.

cpo888

n3wb
Reaction score
I've also downgraded back to version 3.216. Push alarm still shows up 3x on the iDMSS Plus but the connection to the NVR works much faster (without having to reconnect).

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I installed this version, the only problem i see for now is that the app Easy Viewer (that the nvr say to donwload when first connect to it) doesn't show live of my ONVIF cameras.... Anyway with Smart PSS and gDMSS Plus there are no problem. I didn't try at the moment if there are problem with the Push service.

bcre3306

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't view streams outside my network with DDNS, does anyone know what port I need to open up for this to work?

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can't view streams outside my network with DDNS, does anyone know what port I need to open up for this to work?
Hi, you shouldn't be opening any ports or port forwarding any ports.... If you read the VPN thread on this forum you should be looking at setting up a VPN solution on your network and accessing your cameras / NVR via VPN. If you port forward your cameras / NVR you are at risk of hackers or simply bored people scanning external ip addresses looking for cameras / NVR then trying the default login and passwords (or backdoor passwords) to access your kit / network.

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, you shouldn't be opening any ports or port forwarding any ports.... If you read the VPN thread on this forum you should be looking at setting up a VPN solution on your network and accessing your cameras / NVR via VPN. If you port forward your cameras / NVR you are at risk of hackers or simply bored people scanning external ip addresses looking for cameras / NVR then trying the default login and passwords (or backdoor passwords) to access your kit / network.

I hope dahua doesn't use backdoor password and use firmware a little bit more secure than other brand

Inviato dal mio SM-N950F utilizzando Tapatalk

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
But, how can i see my NVR through the internet (a smartphone for example) without opening the mobile port on my router?

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I hope dahua doesn't use backdoor password and use firmware a little bit more secure than other brand

I believe on some of the later firmware updates they did patch the default backdoor login id and password but its depending on what firmware you currently run.

But, how can i see my NVR through the internet (a smartphone for example) without opening the mobile port on my router?

You install a VPN solution and the only port that is forwarded is the one to your secure VPN server. Accessing your local network is then done by connecting to your VPN server (which has secure 256bit encrypted key for example) which then interfaces with your local network and safely passes the traffic to the device you are trying to connect from. You can then see all your resources on your local network from anywhere in the world.

nelgnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does somebody knows if the problem described above are already fixed in a newer version of the firmware? If so, I would like to download this newer version :)

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does somebody knows if the problem described above are already fixed in a newer version of the firmware? If so, I would like to download this newer version :)
The following thread talks about this old issue Dahua Backdoor Uncovered It was fixed with a later firmware update (once it became public), but until somebody discovers anything else then you never know if there are other vulnerabilities.
If you block your cameras accessing the internet and don't port forward you wouldn't have anything to worry about anyway.

nelgnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for answering. I actually didn't mean the backdoor but I meant the 3 times push notificaties for every movement ;)

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for answering. I actually didn't mean the backdoor but I meant the 3 times push notificaties for every movement ;)
Apologises, That I couldn't answer as my test NVR is still running the old 3.16 firmware at the moment without issues....

nelgnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No problem :) Is there any other website where I can find the new firmwares? Or is only our friend Andy posting them?