NVR5208-8P-4KS2E setup questions

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks
I followed the PSA, *On initial setup for the NVR and cameras, DO NOT enable P2P in the popup that asks you this. Uncheck that along with Auto updates.

Do I have to enable P2P after initial setup?
I followed the PSA, *On initial setup for the NVR and cameras, DO NOT enable P2P in the popup that asks you this. Uncheck that along with Auto updates.

Is this why I cannot reach the machine with a ping? Do I need to enable P2P?

Attachments

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
The screen you show is just for p2p. This should be disabled and left disabled. also disable auto updates and leave disabled.

I also blocked the NVR from accessing the internet in my router.

The other services you mention are all disabled on my system and i have access to the NVR web UI over my local lan.

As regards email and push notifications etc i cannot advise as I'm finding my way also

Griswald

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks

The screen you show is just for p2p. This should be disabled and left disabled. also disable auto updates and leave disabled.

I also blocked the NVR from accessing the internet in my router.

The other services you mention are all disabled on my system and i have access to the NVR web UI over my local lan.

As regards email and push notifications etc i cannot advise as I'm finding my way also

Griswald
Ok, perhaps others will come in.

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Ok, perhaps others will come in.
I'm curious, do you use a dedicated monitor for your NVR?

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, I'm at the resting site for the system. Currently CAN log into the NVR via a desktop connected to same network. I cannot however PING the NVR. I was led to this problem due to email test failing. I will admit, my networking experience is limited. I have looked through the Dahua wiki and through this forum. Any ideas? Per the instruction in the PSA for Dahua NVR's, I did not ever enable P2P

Settings in the NVR
PPPoE off
DDNS off
UPnP off
SNMP off
Multicast off

NVR does not show up in the list of connected devices in the router (ATT)
Anyone?

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wouldn't plug it into your network. Do it all offline.

When you plug the cameras into the NVR, the NVR will assign IP addresses to the cameras automatically on the 10.x.x.x range.

Keep track of which port each camera goes to because it assigns it to the port and if you plug them in elsewhere, then you will pull your hair out and will end up factory resetting everything and starting over.

Follow this guide to make your life easy.

Ok, I believe I'm too F'd up to recover from my mess, how do I reset this NVR? Nvr5208-8P-4KS2E? I've tried powering down the NVR and pressing the button on the inside for 30 seconds +. Still no reset. Thanks. Other than security issues, will P2P work?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
There;s no reason other than networking likely to be the problem with not being able to connect to the NVR on a local network.
What is the IP address of your NVR?
What is the IP address of the laptop/pc you are using to try and connect to it?
What is the LAN address of the router? (192.168.1.254?)

The PSA says not to check and enable P2P because MOST folks dont need it and it causes other issues, like your email...

IF you want to use P2P, you need to enable it.

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There;s no reason other than networking likely to be the problem with not being able to connect to the NVR on a local network.
What is the IP address of your NVR?
What is the IP address of the laptop/pc you are using to try and connect to it?
What is the LAN address of the router? (192.168.1.254?)

The PSA says not to check and enable P2P because MOST folks dont need it and it causes other issues, like your email...

IF you want to use P2P, you need to enable it.
Hi, I had everything set correct. I ended up having to factory default the NVR. After that, it worked fine. Apparently the NVR was stuck in an error it really shouldn't have been in. Currently it is working and I am confident it will keep working. Thanks