NVR5216-16P-4KS2E Latest new firmwre NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000006.0.R.210208

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Il traduttore di google è gratis .... non otterrai tante risposte, se scivi in Italiano su un forum internazionale (Google translate is free of charge, you won't get so much responses, if you still write in Italian, on an International forum).
Anyway, you can manually upgrade

rodb

n3wb
Reaction score
Upgraded to V4.001.0000006.0.R.210208 and can no longer access via Safari on a Mac. Google Chrome works.

generalinq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just realized that after my upgrade on March 16, I no longer can filter using 'motion' events. In fact, I don't see motion events at all. Will need to check settings again to see what changed.

Nick70068

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I find it amazing that Dahua pushes out firmware that is causing so many problems. I have upgraded firmware on many computers, servers, switches, routers, hard drives, etc., without any problems. Yet something as simple as an NVR running Linux is bricked by an upgrade. Something is terribly wrong!

intelcom

n3wb
Reaction score
The Alarm Box Is what I ever wanted.... I already Connect 2 Alarmbox And now I have 12 alarm out for automation!!!

Scale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it good for my NVR5416-16P-4KS2E ?
My NVR offers to install V4.001.0000006.0.R.210208

1.png1.png

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Typiically, unless you are looking to fix a problem that your having by updating the firmware, it is best to NOT update. There is always a chance that the NVR could become inoperative.

Scale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Typiically, unless you are looking to fix a problem that your having by updating the firmware, it is best to NOT update. There is always a chance that the NVR could become inoperative.
This firmware contains several improvements that I would like to apply . Also I'm interesting if my NVR recommend me to install the firmware does it mean if it safe and applicable ?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This firmware contains several improvements that I would like to apply . Also I'm interesting if my NVR recommend me to install the firmware does it mean if it safe and applicable ?
Yes, it would mean it is compatible.
I would reboot the NVR before performing the update.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

The firmware has some new update again, will invite some guys to test, just send me DM, i will send the dowload link.

1. Fix web fisheye correction problem
2. Fix the occasional black screen problem of local fisheye correction
3. Customization requirements: baseline + simplified Chinese configuration, the national standard interface appeared on the web side
4. Fix some white light lamp matching problems reported on the scene
5. Fix the detailed information of the smart face database before accessing. If the front-end modeling fails, the device will be abnormal.
6. Fix local fisheye correction memory leak under high pressure
7. Repair the intelligent IVS function before the local configuration of the supporting thermal imaging BF1241 camera

Scale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, it would mean it is compatible.
I would reboot the NVR before performing the update.
This firmware writes that.
1.The firmware support traditional Chinese and Japanese.

Does it mean this firmware support only these languages or English also?1624220077173..jpg

generalinq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys

The firmware has some new update again, will invite some guys to test, just send me DM, i will send the dowload link.

1. Fix web fisheye correction problem
2. Fix the occasional black screen problem of local fisheye correction
3. Customization requirements: baseline + simplified Chinese configuration, the national standard interface appeared on the web side
4. Fix some white light lamp matching problems reported on the scene
5. Fix the detailed information of the smart face database before accessing. If the front-end modeling fails, the device will be abnormal.
6. Fix local fisheye correction memory leak under high pressure
7. Repair the intelligent IVS function before the local configuration of the supporting thermal imaging BF1241 camera
Hi Andy,

Is the latest one you mention the following? My NVR5216-16P-4KS2E prompted me to upgrade to this version automatically (I just noticed it today). Wondering if it's the same as what you mention. Thanks
System VersionV4.001.0000006.1, Build Date: 2021-05-10

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I download Simpchinese version firmware.
DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_Chn_V4.001.0000006.1.R.210510
Can I update the MultiLang version firmware ?
nvr1.png
nvr2.png

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Andy,

Is the latest one you mention the following? My NVR5216-16P-4KS2E prompted me to upgrade to this version automatically (I just noticed it today). Wondering if it's the same as what you mention. Thanks
System VersionV4.001.0000006.1, Build Date: 2021-05-10

I am running that version on my 2017 NVR which make it almost 5 year old but I am one of those techie that like living on the edge with technology so it may be working fine on my old NVR may not work so well for others. I haven't really gone through every features or NVR settings on the latest release version however I haven't found any serious issue on mine to report about.

Still it's everyone own risk to take

generalinq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am running that version on my 2017 NVR which make it almost 5 year old but I am one of those techie that like living on the edge with technology so it may be working fine on my old NVR may not work so well for others. I haven't really gone through every features or NVR settings on the latest release version however I haven't found any serious issue on mine to report about.

Still it's everyone own risk to take
Thanks, this is the one I am now using as well.

generalinq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm running V4.001.0000000.3 build date 2020-05-19. It's an older 5216 (v1 hardware), it works, and I'm keeping my hands off of it. I already have enough landscape bricks.
Ahh your right. Didn’t notice the surly difference in version