NVR5216-16P-EI Preferred Settings

ryebread

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello! Just got NVR5216-16P-EI NVR and the following cameras from Andy. This is way more advanced than my old system and just wondering if anyone has any recommended settings across the NVR they wouldn’t mind sharing. Or things I should be sure to do to get the most out of it. Thanks!

2x IPC-T5442T-ZE
3x IPC-Color4K-T
3x IPC-T5842T-ZE

ryebread

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello! Just got NVR5216-16P-EI NVR and the following cameras from Andy. This is way more advanced than my old system and just wondering if anyone has any recommended settings across the NVR they wouldn’t mind sharing. Or things I should be sure to do to get the most out of it. Thanks!
I have question about NVR-5216-EI... Did You upgraded firmware on it to DH_NVR5XXX-EI_MultiLang_V4.000.0000000.1.R.230427 from dahua website?

I did - and after upgrade have big problems with web interface.. some text font are very big, some very small.. but biggest problem: online view of stream stoped worked.. NVR requires to download some plugin, but I'm Mac user - and the plugins are history of past.

Do you have the same limitations on web interface of this NVR?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have question about NVR-5216-EI... Did You upgraded firmware on it to DH_NVR5XXX-EI_MultiLang_V4.000.0000000.1.R.230427 from dahua website?

I did - and after upgrade have big problems with web interface.. some text font are very big, some very small.. but biggest problem: online view of stream stoped worked.. NVR requires to download some plugin, but I'm Mac user - and the plugins are history of past.

Do you have the same limitations on web interface of this NVR?
Did you perform a full factory default after the firmware update? You need to.
Set it back up from scratch, don't import saved settings.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did you perform a full factory default after the firmware update? You need to.
Set it back up from scratch, don't import saved settings.
Yes, I did this twice, and three times firmware upgrade (between defaults)..

I found that this version of firmware do BIG changes on interface.
For example now I can change more camera settings from NVR (but exposure manual settings are still missing). And this menu looks like on web5.0 cameras...

In live view in webinterface there are more modes of view (4/8/9/16) and more options to search... But this require plugin...

There are more options in AI parameters...