NVR5XXX-4KS2 latest new firmware.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello Andy,
I would like to test the firmware on my nvr see below. And mybe you can send me also the latest for nvr4xxx-4ks2 ? ( I still use 3.215.0000000.1 2017-09-02 for nvr4xxx-4kse)

eman

n3wb
Reaction score
This firmware is now available on dahuasecurity.com under Support-firmware-nvr.I have installed it with no problems but I have just done some initial tests. I have an nvr5208-4KS2 bought off Aliexpress
I am waiting for the firmware that will put the Monitor into sleep mode when nothing is happening and wakes up on Motion or alarm and a better mobile app

keithl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This firmware is now available on dahuasecurity.com under Support-firmware-nvr.I have installed it with no problems but I have just done some initial tests. I have an nvr5208-4KS2 bought off Aliexpress
I am waiting for the firmware that will put the Monitor into sleep mode when nothing is happening and wakes up on Motion or alarm and a better mobile app
What region are you selecting when you go to their website, when I select North America, I do not get anything with firmware?

Inigo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey Guys
Here is the new adding for the NVR5XXX-4ks2 NVRs.

FW Version: DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V3.215.0000001.0.R.20180326

Functions adding.

1. Client playback effects are optimized for higher multiple playback
2. Configuration restore default unified
3. pos demand optimization
5. Increase IP availability for test IP settings
6. Support smart picture download
7. Increase support for Lechange 3.0
8. Support Overseas Multilingualism
9. channel coding strategy adjustment
10. The default display resolution scheme is unified
11. Device Initialization Password Reset Function Add Enable Switch and Optimization
12. custom configuration optimization, support configuration item compatible merge
13. Limiting the interconnection of domestic products with International models
14. Support DHCP to set DNS
15. Overseas optimization of license plate detection
16. Support preview decoding buffer adaptive
17.flash space optimization, increase the extended partition support
18. Support MP4 format backup
19. Close Dahua DDNS, only close the configuration interface, function reservation
20.Overseas Anti-Cross Goods - Domestic Procedures for Upgrading Overseas Programs
21. Support device abnormal information collection coredump
22. Overseas apps switch from easy4ip to DMSS
Are these functions added since DH_NVR5XXX-4K_Eng_V3.215.0000000.1.R.20170901?

Both versions are V3.215.00000001 but the new version has another 8KB of code. Is the difference only multi-language support, as would be implied by the same V3.215.0000001 base, or is this string meaningless?

Thanks

keithl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, I go here
Not sure why they make it so hard. I wish they would update the CAM firmware, the Eco Savvy 3 line has some encoding issues when using H.265, several of my cams get an intermittent encoding corruption all in the same place about 20% from left edge about 1/3 up the screen. Very random. Also some of the cams will have issues with motion events as they can;t be configured with the regions until I do a factory reset and re-set up the camera.

Since I currently have the English flash

DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_Eng_V3.215.0000000.3.R.20171211.bin

Any reason to Not update to the multi language?

DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V3.215.0000001.0.R.20180326

Or has there been an English release that I am not finding?

Last edited:

Denyskhud

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it still possible to use both China and intern cameras at the same time after update?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
this firmware support muliti-languages, dahua will combine more languages on 1 firmware and support PAL and NTSC.

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is it still possible to use both China and intern cameras at the same time after update?
I'd not try it unless someone comes up with a hacked firmware. One of the new features is Dahua specifically implementing measures to disable the ability of hardware intended for different regions to work together. Dahua does NOT want China market cameras sold in the US and they seem to be aggressively working to permanently prevent this in future firmware releases.

keithl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did see that in the release notes, but if all the cameras and NVR are bought from Andy how would it know the device is in the US? I buy everything from Andy so I trust that every thing is compatible as international versions. And if they don't want people buying the non-US version they should stop having the price disparity that exists, my system with NVR and 11 cameras was $1600, if I would have bought Us version it would hev been more than double that.

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think in your case you might be okay but I'd verify with Andy to be sure. I think the new measures are to prevent the China market cameras that cannot run US firmware at all without hacks from connecting to US designated devices. There is one other option - I just a few weeks ago bought a system from Lorex (who is now owned by Dahua). The 16 channel NR9163 NVR that comes with the kit - is now running this new Dahua firmware. :headbang: That is awesome because Lorex cripples the firmware and removes IVS and other features. It is not as simple as updating in the web interface though - it can only be done with the serial port. I posted about it in another thread.

I'm not saying to not buy things from Andy either - I just bought two of the starlight cameras from him... and he provides excellent service! But the kit cost as a whole - no way he could get close to the price from Lorex.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I did see that in the release notes, but if all the cameras and NVR are bought from Andy how would it know the device is in the US? I buy everything from Andy so I trust that every thing is compatible as international versions. And if they don't want people buying the non-US version they should stop having the price disparity that exists, my system with NVR and 11 cameras was $1600, if I would have bought Us version it would hev been more than double that.
Hi Keithly,

The models you picked up are the international models.

From my understanding the official distributors in the USA clearly do not want to see Chinese market cameras compete in the US market place, and thus ( perhaps for other reasons also ) Dahua is finding ways to restrict Chinese market cameras from working with International and US market models.

It can be something simple in the software which checks for a mac address, something written in the firmware, or.. something along those lines.

keithl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I agree, but I already updated with the new firmware with no issues. My NVR and all my cams were purchased from Andy. I was eager to get the MP4 download option, which of course I have not tried yet.

Inigo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I agree, but I already updated with the new firmware with no issues. My NVR and all my cams were purchased from Andy. I was eager to get the MP4 download option, which of course I have not tried yet.
Did you do a factory reset before or after updating the new firmware, or did it upgrade cleanly with everything configured?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you do a factory reset before or after updating the new firmware, or did it upgrade cleanly with everything configured?
I also have had no issues with the new firmware update thus far. I did not do a factory reset nor did I set back any defaults and all my configurations stuck. Although, I'd highly suggest you do if you encounter any issues.

Oh yeah, I purchased all my equipment through andy.