NVR5xxx Firmware Released on 201712

Itsmerandy

n3wb
Reaction score
You can order the cameras for the view. It’s possible with a right click from the OSD. I’m not at home right now, think it is something like „appearance“.
If you really want to change the channels the Cams appear to, you could use a workaround. It did this with my NVR. With newer firmware they normally appear on the channel which PoE port they are connected to. This doesn’t always work. So I manually added fake cams until all channels were used. Then you delete the fake cam from the channel on which you want to add your cam and the NVR has no other choice than this channel, because all others are used
That is actually what I ended up doing was putting in fake cameas to fill in the channels so they couldnt be used.
At one time I remember being able to drag and drop the cameras to different channels, but with this newer firmware I couldn't get it to do it. Not sure why they would have done away with
drag and drop option but it sure makes it difficult. I appreciate your help CrazyKiller.

Inigo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there a document that outlines the upgrade procedure?
Not that I have seen. A couple of tips for upgrading the NVR firmware:
- The thumb drive should be formatted FAT32, not eXFAT (which isn't recognized by the NVR)
- The NVR firmware comes as a .rar file, so the .bin file needs to be extracted before loading it onto the thumb drive for the upgrade. 9 Zip is free in the Windows Store to do the extraction. (The camera firmware comes as a .bin file, so it doesn't require extraction.)

Reaction score
Hi all.

Im new to the forum. Ive come across it as im trying to sort out my dahua DHI-NVR-5208-8P-4KS2. Ive been unable to load the firmware on, usb drive, just keeps saying failed. I cant locate the nvr via the config tool. Only the cameras come up, but i cant log into them. I go on the net to try to log into the nvr and dahua browser comes up but with chinese writing on the username and password.

I cant log into the cams on the browser. I also cant view tge cams online.

Im completly exhausted in options.

Are any of you guys local to dudley to sort it out?

Take care
Luke

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all.

Im new to the forum. Ive come across it as im trying to sort out my dahua DHI-NVR-5208-8P-4KS2. Ive been unable to load the firmware on, usb drive, just keeps saying failed. I cant locate the nvr via the config tool. Only the cameras come up, but i cant log into them. I go on the net to try to log into the nvr and dahua browser comes up but with chinese writing on the username and password.

I cant log into the cams on the browser. I also cant view tge cams online.

Im completly exhausted in options.

Are any of you guys local to dudley to sort it out?

Take care
Luke
Did you try to plug the computer in one of the ethernet ports in the back on the NVR? try that and then run the config tool if necessary. As for the cameras which cameras do you have (I'm assuming Dahua w/ that Dahua NVR) and have you tried to factory default them by opening them up and holding the reset button first then providing power while holding for ~60 seconds?

Inigo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you confirm that file that you are trying to update with is a .bin file and for your NVR and the correct region?

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply

Ive tried the ethernet into the nvr, it doesnt show the nvr on the config tool, the cams show up but cant log into them. I managed to get the dahua screen up for the nvr on the net but its all chinese writing (it didnt use to be before i started having problems). I enter the username and password and still doesnt log in.

Ive tried a 64GB usb with the .bin file on and it still fails. Even after factory default.

Ive tried several firmware, eng, multi language, from uk dahua and nathional dahua but all fails.

The cams i have are 4 dahuas and 2 Qvis, all of them work but i cant gain access to the nvr over the net.

I dont think they have a factory default on the cameras.

Im literally stuck for ideas. Im just worried incase i do something weong and completly bugger it up.

If theres anyone local that knows what there doing, that could sort it, obviously as a job that would be great.

Take care
Luke

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That is actually what I ended up doing was putting in fake cameas to fill in the channels so they couldnt be used.
Thanks, that helped a lot. Dang thing kept adding the next camera to channel 5. Think they would have a feature to just add the channel manually.