Odd problem... Camera can't be accessed by 1 computer in network

razorseal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right place since I'm positive this is a network problem, but I don't think we have a network page so I figured I ask here in hopes we can figure it out...

I have 5 cameras (all hikvision) and all work perfect. I use them with BI and all is accessible...

I have 1 camera that I'm for some odd reason unable to access from the computer that runs the BI server.

I can access the camera in any other computer in the house (laptops, phones etc) via the ip address, but on the server that runs BI, I can't access that ip address. It was working perfectly fine until yesterday and since then I can't get it to connect for good. I have seen BI randomly pull the image like it restored connection, but only for a minute and then gone again...

if I ping the address, I do get a reply as well... but if I get on IE, Chrome, or whatever browser (and BI) I cannot connect to it... any ideas as to what on earth is going on?

It was on the older chinese hacked english 5.2.5 software, and I even just did the mdt hack and brought it to 5.4.5 hoping it might fix it if it was a fw issue (since I can access it from any other computer, it was easy to do)

The thing is, I haven't changed any settings or anything like that.. It just randomly happened. It just simply stopped working. I changed IP address via sadp as well, but that was a nogo too

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a NVR involved?
Is the LAN IP of the BI server on the same subnet as the inaccessible IP camera (you've checked) ?

razorseal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a NVR involved?
Is the inaccessible camera on the same subnet as the LAN IP of the BI server?
No NVR, just Blue Iris

They are on the same subnet. It's all one network. (also, like I said the image will randomly come in and out, like a weak connection)

Camera > POE Inj > Ethernet Switch (The one all cameras are connected on) > Computer. All under same subnet (computer 192.1.168.1.70, camera 192.1.168.1.205)

I'm able to ping it no problem, just can't access it from the computer ending in .70 (BI Server)

all other computers can access the camera at .205

I also included the SADP screenshot, which I shows I can see it from the other computer

Attachments

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No NVR, just Blue Iris

They are on the same subnet. It's all one network. (also, like I said the image will randomly come in and out, like a weak connection)

Camera > POE Inj > Ethernet Switch (The one all cameras are connected on) > Computer. All under same subnet (computer 192.1.168.1.70, camera 192.1.168.1.205)

I'm able to ping it no problem, just can't access it from the computer ending in .70 (BI Server)

all other computers can access the camera at .205
disable the firewall on the pc and test.

razorseal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
disable the firewall on the pc and test.
Just tried that too actually... no go..

I had an older SADP installed on that computer which used to crash the computer. I just uninstalled that, and re-installed the latest one from the downloads here. As soon as I ran that, the camera came back to life on that computer. Not sure how that can be caused (or how possible) but it seems to be running now.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I had an older SADP installed on that computer which used to crash the computer. I just uninstalled that, and re-installed the latest one from the downloads here. As soon as I ran that, the camera came back to life on that computer. Not sure how that can be caused (or how possible) but it seems to be running now.
That is quite weird.
Maybe there was an SADP version that somehow filters out China region cameras.
The 'MTD hack' in it's normal mode doesn't change the region byte, just the language.
Are the other cameras also China region?

razorseal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I noticed it did it again little after I shut down sadp.

I turned it back on and camera was available to be accessed from the computer again... I just left sadp run for now.

I'm pretty sure it's something with the computer network and nothing to do with camera. It will be a hard one to troubleshoot.

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a similar problem with an old Chinese DS-2CD2132-I with the cbx fix. The BlueIris computer won't see it unless SADP is running. I just leave SADP running all the time.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. So SADP is messing with the network traffic in an odd way. Presumably a consequence of what it's inserted into Windows core.