Older Panasonic IP Cameras on a newer system

Reaction score
I have replaced my entire 10 year old panasonic IP cameras with a montavue system. The Panasonic camera's were great but they were dated and not serving my purpose. i would still like to hang on to a few of them and I was curious if anyone had any insight how I could add them to my new NVR. I could keep them hooked up to my old NVR but then I can monitor everything at the same time. The camera's are BB-HCM715 and they are not ONVIF. do you know of a way I can add them? Ive attempted to simple try via adding the adding the IP address but didnt work.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have replaced my entire 10 year old panasonic IP cameras with a montavue system. The Panasonic camera's were great but they were dated and not serving my purpose. i would still like to hang on to a few of them and I was curious if anyone had any insight how I could add them to my new NVR. I could keep them hooked up to my old NVR but then I can monitor everything at the same time. The camera's are BB-HCM715 and they are not ONVIF. do you know of a way I can add them? Ive attempted to simple try via adding the adding the IP address but didnt work.
Hi @Blinky01101

Check if your cameras are able to produce what the Montavue NVR can handle ( rtsp stream, H264.. )

Reaction score
Hi @Blinky01101

Check if your cameras are able to produce what the Montavue NVR can handle ( rtsp stream, H264.. )
Thank you both for your quick replies

The cameras can handle the following protocols, TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP, FTP. SMTP, DHCP, DNS, ARP, ICMP,POP3, NTP, UPnP, SMPT Auth, RTP, RTSP, RTCP.

I guess that give me hope. Im not certain what to fill in where or even where to find the correct port address.

Im a newbie with camera's. Thank you for the continued assistance.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you both for your quick replies

The cameras can handle the following protocols, TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP, FTP. SMTP, DHCP, DNS, ARP, ICMP,POP3, NTP, UPnP, SMPT Auth, RTP, RTSP, RTCP.

I guess that give me hope. Im not certain what to fill in where or even where to find the correct port address.

Im a newbie with camera's. Thank you for the continued assistance.
You'll need to check the IP address of the camera, port, user/password and sync those with the NVR. You may need to manually enter that info into the NVR and do a "manual add"

Tekbotslaya

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Search for the RTSP settings for the camera and then look into the manual for the NVR on how to add an RTSP stream.
Screenshot_20200625-185701_Drive.jpg
This may be helpful.