Only MD will Push to DMSS - Not IVS...

Bumworms

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all - DHI-NVR-4116-8P -4Ks2 with five IPC-HDW4831EMP-ASE-8 MP Cameras.

This is driving me mad, any input welcome. :)

Configuring via SmartPSS, IE mode on edge and directly browsing to the cameras.

I have Tripwire and intrusion rules set on all cams, the events are triggering and recording as evidenced in the logs.

DMSS receives motion detection alerts just fine, but I couldn't tweak it down to the point where i wasn't getting events from bugs and leaves and rain etc. Turned MD off everywhere.

Have Smart plan set to IVS on cams and NVR, DMSS is set to notify for tripwire and intrusion on the phone on all cams and NVR.

The only differences i can see is in the notification type checkboxes - MD has "Show message" available as a checkbox alongside 'Send email" "alarm upload" etc.

Do we think this may be an issue with DMSS? Again, motion detection push and messages work fine...

Appreciate any advice.

Reaction score
Are you using P2P or adding the NVR via IP address? I’m having the same issue on one of my NVRs. All of my NVRs are added to DMSS via IP and I do not use P2P but can only get IVS notifications if P2P is enabled even though it shows offline in the settings

Bumworms

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Jeep - Added just the NVR to DMSS via QR/P2P. Cameras showed up as listed under the NVR, I didn't add them individually. P2P is enabled everywhere...

Reaction score
With P2P being enabled unfortunately I don’t really have any other suggestions. It’s the same issue I am having, Motion Detection and SMD notifications work but no IVS unless P2P is enabled.

Of course there’s always a factory default that sometimes solves abnormal behavior but I don’t think it’s highly likely to fix anything

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Jeep - Added just the NVR to DMSS via QR/P2P. Cameras showed up as listed under the NVR, I didn't add them individually. P2P is enabled everywhere...

You sure P2P is enabled on the NVR itself? Under Network?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking you can login to the NVR, scan the QR code for the NVR for DMSS and be all good withojut ticking the P2P box enabled. As long as you;re local on the LAN

Once you go remote, yeah wouldnt work without it

Bumworms

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking you can login to the NVR, scan the QR code for the NVR for DMSS and be all good withojut ticking the P2P box enabled. As long as you;re local on the LAN

Once you go remote, yeah wouldnt work without it
Hmm. I've scanned the QR straight off the base of the NVR...

Bumworms

n3wb
Reaction score
Odd, this is logged in to the camera direct from the browser... Says Offline?

Everything else seems to be functioning normally. As in I can preview and playback this camera.

Attachments

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Odd, this is logged in to the camera direct from the browser... Says Offline?

Everything else seems to be functioning normally. As in I can preview and playback this camera.
The camera's P2P would be offline because the NVR is blocking it.
The NVR's P2P service would be sending notifications to your device.
Your NVR's P2P should be enabled and say 'Online'.
1714115227501.png

Reaction score
I can't seem to update the NVR firmware either. Via USB or web. fml

View attachment 193257
Now I will recommend a factory default for sure before updating. You will probably also have to find an earlier version of 4.0 first, and then update to the latest version. DahuaWiki may have older versions. I’ve never had any issues but remember updating is how some end up bricking their devices

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah that’s why I asked. If you’re using an NVR with built in PoE ports, P2P has to be enabled from the NVR not the cameras themselves.

IPCamer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Bumworms I have reacted in this tread , i also did not get the push notifications from IVS. In my setup I do not use P2P and added my NVR as a local IP to DMSS. So still using one of the first V4 firmware release and I do receive all MD and AI events as a push message on my phone ( if enabled in DMSS of course).
From the screens you posted your NVR is using a V3 firmware. I have no experience on V3 firmware so I am not sure it is related to this.
@97JeepXJ Could you provide the type numbers and firmware used on your NVR's which could bring some more insight if the issue is indeed firmware related in relation with P2P configurations?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Based on the variety of answers to this problem over the past 2+ years I would venture a guess that it is indeed NVR FW dependent