Only Records For 1 Second - No Trigger Recording

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Object detect/reject is unchecked

Make time is 0.5

Frame rate 30.00 fps

Pre-trigger frame buffer size 5 and checked

Just cut grass and blew off the driveway. The van was still parked there. Never triggered.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you certain that its not recording and just combining the flies into one large file? Your combine and cut is set to 8 hours...
(as an aside if your frame rate is 30fps then you should set your pre trigger frames to at least 30, to get one second of pretrigger action).

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I do not see any evidence of it combining files, but I have gotten a couple of 45-60 minute videos. I did not watch the time stamp on them so they could have been stacked.

I dropped it to 15 minutes hoping to avoid that.

Changed the pre-trigger to 30.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The files are probably just combining...its easy to test...just walk out there and note the time...

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The last video that I have saved ended at 1:40am this morning.

I just went to pick up dinner in the van on the right, backed out of that spot and 20 minutes later pulled back in, walked to the end of the driveway and back up the middle straight into and past the camera. I did not get a text that it was recording (I have a few times since setting it up) and have no video showing me coming or going.

Yesterday I was standing in front of the camera (less than 3' away) with my laptop playing with settings and never got it to trigger. That was before I posted here for help.

I really want to like this set up.

Unrelated question, if it is recording from a trigger is there a way to stop it from recording?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
recording and alert texts are very different things and unless set up properly you wont get an alert text every time you record. How do your profiles look...during the times that its not recording is your profile set to profile 1?

With respect to stopping a recording, I believe you can right click on the cam to stop recording but there is no point because the trigger recording will stop in a few seconds (depending on how long you set the break time). Or did you want to stop all recording even if a new trigger occurs?

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just got a text and a trigger from nothing that I can see. I did figure out how to stop recording. I was wanting to stop it from recording from a false trigger while I was watching the screen. Just clicked on the ~ inactive profile button, then go back to profile 1.

Noticed my CPU usage was at 97% also!

Last edited by a moderator:

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was set to profile 1. Everything is same color for 24/7.

I have not touched the profile or schedule setting since yesterday afternoon.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
your cpu usage is though the roof and that can be a reason why the recording is intermittent. For the purposes of testing, enable direct to disk mode and drop your fps to 5 (in the cameras own web interface ). This will significantly reduce cpu and you can see if cpu use is your issue.

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Changed and will see what happens. Thanks.

I had not noticed my CPU usage that high before tonight for some reason.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you running any other type of software? because one camera should not be maxing that processor out....

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Only other stuff open is Acrobat, Excel and Firefox.

Normally sits around 20%-30%

Blue Iris was eating 50% when I noticed it was up so high.

Last edited by a moderator:

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I set my laptops built in web cam up as a second camera and it works great with motion detection and recording.

I must have something set wrong on the 2032.

Considering just deleting and adding it again with default settings.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes, that would be the best..delete the cam and reinstall

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's amazing how the easiest fix is the last one that we think of sometimes.

Deleted camera. Watched the youtube video from BI on how to add a camera and followed the directions. Camera works perfect now.

I really do appreciate the time you spent helping with this Fenderman

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No problem..glad you figured it out...Its the oldest trick in the book...restart...