OpenALPR Tool - Save and Query CSV Exports Steps I took To Get Mine Working. ZERO Programming Experience.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Also for now you can always RDP into the system if you are in internal network.. And fire up the viewer :)

Gymratz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ooh that's a good idea, thanks!
Heh, that's the only way I get to it. My two different camera systems are boxes hidden away in the house where they couldn't easily be stolen. All remote access.

Sprite

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Done updated one more time. If someone follow the new guide for anything let me know if something is off..
Just updated, everything works! Plate forensics is freaking cool.

The only suggestion I have (if you want to make it more idiot proof) on page 47 when closing out of the yellow window (and the other 3 files) it does ask if I want to save the window. I figured since it was already executed and imported into the SQL database I clicked no. Some people might not be sure if they should save or not.

Would you happen to know how to backup the database to hard drive/cloud?

Thanks for updating the guide :)

Last edited:

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I will get that updated.. To not save.. :) Good point someone might think it is time to save.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
You can take the database backup by doing the following.

1603113161881.png

Also you will have to take the backup of the images being stored by openalpr.. Yet even better what you can do is you can also setup Windows backup in control panel for the entire machine.

Below is the guide from Microsoft on backup / restore.

Mike4030

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Instead of updating my downloader I just started from scratch.I got it working. Set up the viewer from scratch also. Thats working kind of. Im only able to view plates from few days back. I still have all the csv files in the archived folder, and i can manually upload the older ones and then they show up in the viewer. However there are THOUSANDS of files to upload and I can only do one at a time. Is there a way to batch upload all the files?

Gymratz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Instead of updating my downloader I just started from scratch.I got it working. Set up the viewer from scratch also. Thats working kind of. Im only able to view plates from few days back. I still have all the csv files in the archived folder, and i can manually upload the older ones and then they show up in the viewer. However there are THOUSANDS of files to upload and I can only do one at a time. Is there a way to batch upload all the files?
If you kept a copy of the old database, you could export from old platehits table and import into the new one.
If you didn't save that - my thought would be too Google for a way to merge all files into one. I'm sure something exists - even if it's just VBA code to execute.
Once merged into a single file, single import.

Mike4030

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I still have the files in the recycle bin. Thanks ill give it a shot.

Sprite

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the guide on how to move the database. I did a dry run the other night on a spare computer I have and it seems to work. I also downloaded a program called SQL Backup Master so I can start doing cloud backups of my database every night.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the guide on how to move the database. I did a dry run the other night on a spare computer I have and it seems to work. I also downloaded a program called SQL Backup Master so I can start doing cloud backups of my database every night.
Aha, SQL Backup Master is that a free solution ? I will look into it sounds interesting :)

Sprite

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Aha, SQL Backup Master is that a free solution ? I will look into it sounds interesting :)
There's a paid solution, but if you use Dropbox it's free or a local backup is also free. I think if you wanted to backup to Google drive you need premium.