OpenALPR Tool - Save and Query CSV Exports

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
My version will crash whenever the website requires a re-login, maybe once a month. I've also been getting an odd crash error on imports when an expected index of an array is off. I'll trying running my code in debug mode to catch the reason. For me it's not a big deal as long as I can catch the crash within 5 days allotted to me by the server.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine was the same it was only crashing now once in a bluemoon down from almost crashing everyday what did I do to make it more stable ahhhh nothing.. LOL Windows update I guess. Anyhow running it as service for quiet a few days now and no issues at all. So far so good with running it as service as I believe if it crashes running as service than probably service restarts it regardless.

Sprite

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Let's say I use Fix Entry and I accidently entered the wrong plate # and checked off Auto-Update All and now when I try to correct it again I get this error...

fixplate.jpg

Is there anyway to correct this?

Gymratz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Let's say I use Fix Entry and I accidently entered the wrong plate # and checked off Auto-Update All and now when I try to correct it again I get this error...

View attachment 77823

Is there anyway to correct this?
As of right now... open up the database in SSMS and edit that table (PlateCorrections) - delete the record that is wrong.

I'll update the code to account for changes in the future.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
anyone else still having crash issues or is it resolved for you as well
Mine still crashes, but the NSSM keeps it running

Anyhow running it as service for quiet a few days now and no issues at all. So far so good with running it as service as I believe if it crashes running as service than probably service restarts it regardless.
Seems to be the case.

Crash logs are attached for those they make more sense to than me.

Also how are people doing black lists where the Viewer does not yet have a record of a plate? I've got a couple of reads on my neighbours letterbox that I "correct" to the plate I want alerted on.

Attachments

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I am not seeing any errors in event viewer.. But again it is random Anyhow Atleast the good news is with the NSSM even if it is crashing it probalby is starting again all by itself so nothing is being missed at this point.. So it is pretty solid with this combo at-least so far running it more than a week almost now no problem I even implimented this for one of my friend and he has not reported anything else either..

Here is my current OS Ver.

1609092608999.png

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am not seeing any errors in event viewer.. But again it is random Anyhow Atleast the good news is with the NSSM even if it is crashing it probalby is starting again all by itself so nothing is being missed at this point.. So it is pretty solid with this combo at-least so far running it more than a week almost now no problem I even implimented this for one of my friend and he has not reported anything else either..

Here is my current OS Ver.

View attachment 77867
I've got auto update off on my BI box because I don't want it restarting at an inopportune time. After your post I did a winver and realised how long it had been since I updated windows.

1609105523757.png

Time for an update.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I usually stay on Bleeding edge when I should only stay @ leading edge. So take 20H2 With a grain of salt .. Since Each hardware can be different depending on your hardware driver and how it handles it. Definitely you can try first with 2004. And then 20h2.

Highly recommend backup as this is always a good idea before you do anything..

Gymratz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My version will crash whenever the website requires a re-login, maybe once a month. I've also been getting an odd crash error on imports when an expected index of an array is off. I'll trying running my code in debug mode to catch the reason. For me it's not a big deal as long as I can catch the crash within 5 days allotted to me by the server.
Mine did this for a little while after ALPR changed their login page.
Here's the updated code I use (it was the login button that had to be changed, I believe)
wb_OpenALPR.Document.GetElementById("username").SetAttribute("value", Constants.alprUser);
wb_OpenALPR.Document.GetElementById("password").SetAttribute("value", Constants.alprPassword);

/Updated 2020.10.14 to handle new login method.
wb_OpenALPR.Document.GetElementById("login-btn").InvokeMember("click");

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I have not had the login issue any longer after the update I think gymratz did couple of months ago. So far so good :)

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have not had the login issue any longer after the update I think gymratz did couple of months ago. So far so good :)
I think my first install must have been post that update. I've never had the issue.

Gymratz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Update Released
LPR_Downloader App Only (so far) - I don't believe anything in here requires any SQL updates - just the code updates.

Added ability to write to Event Log. I'm using the source .NET Runtime and Event ID 1001.

Added a Try/Catch/Log around the saving to archive folder so that shouldn't cause crashes or missing "Import Entries" again.

Added a Try/Catch/Log around the Alert Generation, as I believe some of the issues are here.

Added an explicit "Close" to SQL in Alert Generation section (this is an area I caught a crash after it was running for ~10 days)

Added the Icon File that @SyconsciousAu provided ;-)

Updated the UTC_Offset to add in a + if > 0 - should be a better fix for SyconciousAu or others in + UTC zones. (Hopefully...)

Gymratz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
LPR Viewer updated
(Minor, no real new features)
  • Added icon that @tech101 provided for the Viewer.
  • Added event log capability.
  • Updating "Auto Plate Corrections" should now work without error - also wrapped it in error handling (into event log) just in case...
  • Moved some of the logic for the "Plate Detail" grid to hopefully prevent errors when the viewer is started and there are no records for the period it defaults to.
  • Modified sp_LPR_AllPlates slightly - decreased load time on my system for the "Plate Details" section - which is refreshed every time you click on a plate in the main grid. (1.2 seconds -> 0.5 seconds). You'll want to run this file manually.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Gymratz, Thank you again for the tweaks / improvements. Just to confirm For viewer we need to run this file now dated "2020.12.27 - sp_LPR_AllPlates Update" as a new query ?

Update - I did run it as new query seems like that is how it was.. Everything is up and running. Thank you so much once again!!

Last edited:

Sprite

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been addressed in the new update or not, but hide all doesn't always seem to work. The "plates" I hide are still showing up and this is what comes up when I try to hide it again.
hideall.jpg

Gymratz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been addressed in the new update or not, but hide all doesn't always seem to work. The "plates" I hide are still showing up and this is what comes up when I try to hide it again.
View attachment 78074
I updated the "Auto Correct" to remove and re-add when you want to change it - to account for duplicate keys.
But I didn't touch the Hide All code.

Can you clarify for me what you mean by "doesn't always seem to work?" - The code for which plates to show is in SQL. So either:
1. I need to review that code
2. (And this is what I'm hoping) - I'm just not refresh the grid after you hide one. But, if you were to switch days and go back - or do anything else to refresh the grid, they'd be gone and never visible again.

Slight Edit
The update I made to the SP in the last update will show hidden plates if searched for. For example, if UHAUL was one you hid and you're just looking at "Today" - it won't show up. But, if you search for "UHAUL" today, it will show up.
Wasn't intentional, but not sure if that's a bad thing or not.

Last edited:

Sprite

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just ran the update, I think that may have fixed it.
Previously the plates I marked as hide all would still show up on the list and when I would try to hide it again I would get the error in the screenshot above.

I think it's a good idea to keep the hidden items searchable. Thank you for the update and keeping up with the project!

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll have to give this tool a shot! Thanks so much for making it

Are the links on the front page still current?

Gymratz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'll have to give this tool a shot! Thanks so much for making it

Are the links on the front page still current?
Yes. Definitely check out the thread that @tech101 created - he has a very thorough walkthrough on how to set it up. It's not a "install it and walk away" program. It's something I created for myself and then worked with DLONG to improve and make it reusable by others. But, you'll still need Visual Studio, SQL Server, and either a bit of knowledge on how to use them (or diligent at following instructions between what I put in the original post or tech101's guide).