OpenALPR Tool - Save and Query CSV Exports

Gymratz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Awesome, I know what I'm doing with my weekend
I ordered two new cameras last week.
My Wednesday & Thursday were spent mounting them.

One of them filled an odd blind spot... Glad I got that in, got some unknown people pull into our neighborhood around 1am, park just beyond my house / normal camera view (but in new view), pull out a drone and fly it around for a while.
Curious about them, checked my LPR application history which goes back ~18 months and confirmed, they've only ever been around once before - months ago.
Nothing at all suspicious about that...

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I didn't real all 19 pages, so slap my hand if this is already answered

Can I tag plates with stuff like "Local" for someone that lives nearby, so I can see all plates BUT those?

Gymratz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I didn't real all 19 pages, so slap my hand if this is already answered

Can I tag plates with stuff like "Local" for someone that lives nearby, so I can see all plates BUT those?
Yes. You can create your own tags. Filter by then. Etc.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Has there been any thoughts to containerize all of this just to make easier to update and deploy? Of course that would mean this all would have to be ported to *nix which would be some kind of work.

Last edited:

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
This was my weekend, Installed a badge access magnetic 1200lb

Now will be installing a conduit with a help of a electrician friend :p to make it look neat
Woah! Pretty neat already. Are the badges like the RFID and the lock has a reader? Curious about the magnetic lock, too, where you might have gotten it?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Woah! Pretty neat already. Are the badges like the RFID and the lock has a reader? Curious about the magnetic lock, too, where you might have gotten it?
DLONG2 Good morning! Got it from Amazon only used this vendor this one time so far the vendor seems to be responding to lot of my questions even though I purchases the lock 4-6 months ago and just this weekend got a chance to install it lol. But its been working great so far...

His store front is called SecureLIfe4you something.. on Amazon You can use this link this one is 300lbs I ended up asking him to make me a custom config listing for my setup as I needed 1200lbs and Z profile so he asked for some pictures up front..

I can program keys from MY PC and upload to the logic board of the lock.. its pretty neat :) I like it. I have it for Gardner, pest control service so I can issue them badges and only activated on certain day / times :).. Plus you can now tell when they came and left and also thanks to Gymratz and you .. I can also tag there plate on this thing lol to do that and get alert..

Anyhow My conduit for this is also all done now..

1609773998638.png

1609774031764.png

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Very cool. Is the Z Profile the same as Z-Wave? How do you communicate with the lock via the PC?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Very cool. Is the Z Profile the same as Z-Wave? How do you communicate with the lock via the PC?
Sorry for the confusion, Z profile I meant just the Z bracket needed for my gate type the actual hardware.

PC communicates via the TCP/IP Here is the board picture A network patch cable going to the board directly..

1609902165754.png

On the PC side they have this software

1609902220335.png

Also to Program keys, You have a USB reader which can read/write to RFID Cards/KeyFobs.

flinders

n3wb
Reaction score
EDIT: The issue is the "+" in the UTC +11. I temporarily worked around this for the downloader by putting in this hack. I would like however to know if/how this could be better handled.
Code:
str_UTC_Offset = "%2b" + str_UTC_Offset.Substring(str_UTC_Offset.Length- 2, 2);
I now have an error with dates trying to run the dashboard. Not sure how to fix this one... HELP :)

1610802427041.png

Hello @Gymratz - Thankyou for al the hard work on this. I have installed the downloader (followed instructions correctly I think!) however I have an issue.
The downloader logs in to OpenALPR (I can see the logged in page in the downloader app) - but it fails to download and falls into the catch with the below when trying to download the CSV.

I am unsure what extra steps to take to debug this. Appreciate your help to get this going.

1610799627385.png

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What a great tool guys! I had been wanting to do this for so long and finally jumped in using the great manual that @tech101 put together.

I will let it run overnight and see if any errors pop up, but so far running about 6 hours or so and seems to be going. A few questions/suggestions:
  • I set it up to run the LPR_Downloader and LPR_Viewer as a service. As such I closed out the interface and confirm it is running as a service and shows up in Task Manager, but when I open the interface, it hasn't updated unless I manually force it. Does the interface need to stay open or was I too anxious thinking it hadn't updated but it is/has and just isn't showing yet?
  • I am shocked that the VIN numbers do not pull the color. I know that is nothing you all can do, but I know that exists from body repairs and they pull the actual color name from the VIN, so the data exists somewhere but maybe as a paid solution.
  • I am already getting several plates that picked the wrong state - is it easy enough to add that feature along with the fix of the plate option? Or how to go about it in the code?
  • Is it possible to change the midnight run to a different time? Where is that located. My main concern is looking up the plates that came through overnight, so I would like to adjust that to 7am to have all the data possible.
  • I'm afraid to try this, but thought I would ask before I try LOL. So I have plates in Blue Iris logs from Plate Recognizer. If I opened up the CSV file and pasted in the like columns like plates, time, etc. could I pull those in under the manual update button. I recognize that the pictures wouldn't be there, but it would build my historical up quickly in this tool. Would the tool go BOOM if I tried that as many of the columns will be blank.
I am amazed at how wonderful this tool is, so thank you again for putting this together and sharing with us!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK - so after running it overnight and the tool screen interface exited out, even though it is running as a service, it doesn't appear that this means anything?

The LPR_Downloader did not do a retrieval until I opened up the interface. As such the LPR_Viewer didn't pull any new plates in until I opened LPR_Downloader and then did a Search on the LPR_Viewer to pull the results in.

1611589073856.png 1611589056290.png

So is running as a service doing anything?

Do these interfaces need to be actually opened on the screen (I assume they could be minimized)

If the interfaces need to be open, then what happens in a computer restart - the utility runs as a service but doesn't open the interface?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
If the LPR downloader stops it does not pull the plates in until restarted to mitigate this I been using NSSM that has zero issues so far for me. I also made sure in services my startup type is Automatic and then under recovery

1611591139469.png

This so far keeps my downloader running without any issue going non stop for months.. now. Sometimes in the past At least mine was crashing prior to using this as service but I think that was due to some Windows update and once I was caught on all the update my that problem I believe was resolved.

I also have viewer running as service.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm...I am running the NSSM per your advice and can see it running as a service in Task Manager....let me check those settings...

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmm...I am running the NSSM per your advice and can see it running as a service in Task Manager....let me check those settings...
Here is a post in this thread by SyconsciousAu Which has a link also to the thread on instructions on how to install the service. I think some other Dev was using this service for his solution so we basically used the same solution they implimented for this as well and it has been working very well.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@tech101 - I must be blind - I cannot find the same box you showed above with the Recovery option - where is that hiding at?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Open Services, Once you open Services find the new service you just installed. Right click and then Properties.

1611595676400.png

Make sure though you Install the NSSM first following those instructions on that thread.