OpenALPR Tool - Save and Query CSV Exports

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Your street must be busier than mine, as in 25 months I've collected 72,325 records, and 10,350 distinct plates. Some of them say "UHAUL" or "FedEx," though.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Thought I do share here I think this car was equipped with some sort of Mobile LPR system.

1612641456453.png

By the way how did I Spot this vehicle ?

Again thanks to this software/solution I can sort plates by distinct days and this plate has never seen/spotted by system ever. So that is how I was able to catch this.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
It’s common for repo men nowadays. As they drive around they have multiple cameras on their cars collecting plate locations. Those are fed into a nationwide database. That way other repo men who pay to hook into the system around the nation can type the plate in of the car they are looking for into the networked database and see where the plate/car was last seen so they can go collect it.

Fubduck

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the almost 2 years I've been capturing plates I've identified 11 vehicles that are using mobile LPR technology. 3 of them are snatch and grab tow trucks. Several are regulars and come through the parking lot a couple of times a month.

Here is the most recent one. Usually they go through at night.

lpr2.jpg

lrp1.jpg

edit: fix images

Last edited:

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
BTW, it's a 2015 Honda Civic LX assembled in Canada, with a VIN of 2HGFB2F51FH527425. No lemon, no accidents, no flood, more than one owner. ;-)

hopalong

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the excellent tools. I am trialing OpenAPLR & Plate Reader at the moment in Blue Iris and OpenAPLR is working much better.

I followed the PDF by @tech101 but when I get to the Build Solution part for the LPR Viewer i get these following errors:

1619595766804.png

Any guidance if I am missing something in Visual Studio Community?

EDIT
Here are the additional steps I've tried to help fix the issue:
-Re-download the ZIP from github
-Re-install Visual Studio
-Added newer versions of .NET
1619650743176.png

Still having the same error message as above.

Last edited:

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi hopalong. I hope either gymratz or tech101 can assist you soon. Once you get the process going then it ought to be smooth sailing.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I am not too certain what that error is during build but can try to download the github source again and try to enter everything again and see if that helps.

hopalong

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi hopalong. I hope either gymratz or tech101 can assist you soon. Once you get the process going then it ought to be smooth sailing.
The PDF guide by @tech101 is great. The LPR Downloader Build Solution worked as lined out in the PDF.

I am not too certain what that error is during build but can try to download the github source again and try to enter everything again and see if that helps.
I've downloaded the git zip for LPR View a few times and am still having the same Build Solution error.

I see this document from MS: Compiler Error CS0234

And this discussion centers around the same error, but it may relate to a different type of VS project than Windows Forms, so I would advice caution: Don't understand why we're getting error CS0234
Thanks, I'll dig around there to see if I can find something. I'm not a programmer, more like an advanced tinkerer.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting so when you say downloader solution work out, you are seeing the CSV being downloaded ?

Something like this..

1619714075251.png

hopalong

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting so when you say downloader solution work out, you are seeing the CSV being downloaded ?

Something like this..

View attachment 88171

Yes the LPR Downloader seems to be working as intended:

1619714318906.png

EDIT

Just to make sure VS is working I created a copy of the LPR Downloader folders and it is able to Build without issue:

1619717296948.png

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Now that I am up to 65,000 records, the snappyness of the program has slowed down.

When I just started with this program, as soon as you would click on the record it would go to it, now there is a delay.

I assume that is just do to the number of records or is their a compact type feature to speed it up?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Now that I am up to 65,000 records, the snappyness of the program has slowed down.

When I just started with this program, as soon as you would click on the record it would go to it, now there is a delay.

I assume that is just do to the number of records or is their a compact type feature to speed it up?

I have about 127k Records. My OS Drive is on SSD so its still plenty fast.. Also When you say slow are you looking all your records if that is the case then yea you might see if if you only looking record for a day or two then I dont see much slowness.

Yes the LPR Downloader seems to be working as intended:

View attachment 88173

EDIT

Just to make sure VS is working I created a copy of the LPR Downloader folders and it is able to Build without issue:

View attachment 88178
I am not too sure why you are running into the Error for your viewer. I can maybe remote in and try to build it with you to see if I see anything odd but apart from that I have no programming experience so that maybe GymRatz or someone else who knows a bit of programming.

hopalong

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am not too sure why you are running into the Error for your viewer. I can maybe remote in and try to build it with you to see if I see anything odd but apart from that I have no programming experience so that maybe GymRatz or someone else who knows a bit of programming.

No worries. I'll wait and see if @Gymratz or someone else who is a programmer can chime in.

hopalong

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can also try to build exe for viewer on a diffrent PC and transfer it over to see if that works also I know you can make the viewer piece work over the network as well when you point it to the SQL server.
Good idea. I'll give it a try later tonight and report back.

EDIT

Thanks @tech101 . That suggestion worked =)

1619906374624.png

Last edited: