OpenALPR Tool - Save and Query CSV Exports

Nyghthawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Semi progress. Can enter "keywords" from a json/csv file into the fields per (). Seems like can enter "plate" then "state" then click search. can also see if I can just edit the URL and click refresh/search since state isn't manually typed. So Idea

Plan:
Start with a search already done, so the fields are mapped to the template Done. Working, gets data.
Test a few manually entered keywords/plates to see if the page crawls to pull the data to CSV --- In progress
Create keyword list for plates only
Dump data to json file/csv file
Create dual keyword list for plates + state
dump data to json file/csv file
See if I can change the information in the CSV file, then rerun the project to get "new data"
Figure out a way to get this data BACK into LPR VIEWER after each run

Next Steps (FUTURE/Finalize)
Create the CSV keywords from the "missing plates" from LPR Viewer, save to CSV file (static name/location)
Run API Project of Parsehub, that pulls the previous static CSV file and keywords (plate and state)
Profit/Done.

this site (pay for) uses the same free site so I absolutely know something is possible.

Last edited:

riluxg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
still can get downloader csv imports to work so i am using local web server imports.
when using the web server imports i keep getting a email every 10 minutes which says

ALPR AGENT ISSUE Errors the last 60600 attempts to access

Nyghthawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just realized my "local web server imports" aren't working either. Or at least it seems. the LPR Downloader only updates with the Cloud Imports (i have mine set to 5 mins, changed to 1 min now) and the Local Web Server imports still shows "starting - no cars yet" despite cars coming by. Verified local webserver running, and working, and went to the 127.0.0.1:8355 site as well and it loads.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
When you navigate to the IP address where the OpenALPR client is running, the webpage opens up okay?

http://[IP ADDRESS]:8355/ (from another PC within the home network)
or
(on the same PC)

Nyghthawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you navigate to the IP address where the OpenALPR client is running, the webpage opens up okay?

http://[IP ADDRESS]:8355/ (from another PC within the home network)
or
(on the same PC)
same PC, tried localhost:8355 and 127.0.0.1:8355 both open the Webpage fine
Same PC where the LPRDownloader is at as well as the LPR Viewer
EDIT2: have tried with the agent settings of bind address as unchecked, and as checked with value of 127.0.0.1 (as per the help menu) to disable remote connections
Edit3: its a saturday morning, so the amount of cars going through are minimal right now, so not much debugging testing being able to be done
Edit 4: it seems to go to LPR Viewer almost immediately (like it should) but the LPR Downloader still shows "starting - no cars yet", changed the CSV download to 10 mins to test

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have noticed that same behavior from time to time. I don't know if it is a bug or a delay in OpenALPR causing the issue, but it usually resolves itself in a day or two.

Try a reboot if you haven't done that recently.

Nyghthawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have noticed that same behavior from time to time. I don't know if it is a bug or a delay in OpenALPR causing the issue, but it usually resolves itself in a day or two.

Try a reboot if you haven't done that recently.
yeah, try not to reboot too often, too much stuff running on the PC lol, but if it looks like a display bug, i don't care, as long as its working! thanks for the quick responses.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I figure as long as the Viewer is working properly and showing the recent plates, then the downloader will resolve itself.

riluxg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the web server imports is working its just the emails i keep getting
I know it has something to do with the web server imports because if i stop the imports i dont get the emails

ALPREMAIL.png

bootlick

n3wb
Reaction score
Is anyone using the Downloader and accesses the Advanced Search from the menu, then goes to the bottom of that page, not able to "Export to CSV"?

Downloader.JPG
I can Export thru the web site, but not thru the Downloader program. Mine stopped doing the automatic download 3/29/2022 11:46 AM and is just wondering if the lack of access has anything to do with it.

bootlick

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea as to why my Gymratz LPR Downloader would quit doing the automatic Cloud (CSV) Imports.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea as to why my Gymratz LPR Downloader would quit doing the automatic Cloud (CSV) Imports.
Make sure that you either have the downloader open or running as a service.

Also make sure that your Rekor OpenALPR has a connection. Log in to their website and see if it shows your server with a green thumbs up or red thumbs down.

bootlick

n3wb
Reaction score
If I go directly to their website I have no problem manually downloading the CSV file, but if I try to do it as in #630 above, the option to export CSV file is greyed out. Being in the Gymratz downloader I can see that my credentials have worked and logged me in , I can tour around in the dashboard as if I was directly on the website but just can’t export.

riluxg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is that your local webserver access ? Can you reach local server by the local ip address ?
Yes its the local webserver imports and yes i can access the server by ip address

riluxg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What exact error is it ? Can you post a screenshot ? Also when did this error started happening did you change anything before it or is ita first time setup ?
This is all it says Errors the last 600 attempts to access.
Even though i am getting this error via email about every 10 mins the web server imports are working
the error started first time setup
I have also done an new setup on a new computer and get the same error
also the downloader cloud csv imports does not work