OpenALPR Webhook Processor for IP Cameras

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
docker run -d -p 80:80 -v 'C:\whatever\your\folder\is\':'/app/config/' mlapaglia/openalprwebhookprocessor:v3.16.0

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
docker run -d -p 80:80 -v 'C:\whatever\your\folder\is\':'/app/config/' mlapaglia/openalprwebhookprocessor:v3.16.0
Thanks, using PowerShell that throws me back this:

1630571384639.png

And in Windows command line:

1630571355771.png

progress though :thumb:

More progress, now showing this in command line:

1630572018615.png

Last edited:

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It pulled the image which is good! Guessing it's perhaps just a syntax issue at this point with the "Invalid Mode" message. See here: Docker Toolbox: Error response from daemon: invalid mode: /root/docker. Try adding the extra / as the link suggests.
Thanks and yes progress, tried the / but believe that applies to Powershell and not Windows command line, spent an hour or two 'playing' earlier knowing it was something stupid causing it!

Happy to try the command in Powershell but it will be slightly different so have stuck with the command line for now. Roll on the browser based interface and more familiar Windows based environment with some firewall work etc :lmao: I am looking forward to modifying the firewall, port forwarding and getting the overlay running, never thought I'd say that!

I did some digging on the overlay with debug running and hopefully that should be fine, using Dahua PTZ for this at the moment but I've got something more suitable waiting to go up.

Last edited:

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
is it running? try double quotes instead of single quotes for the command

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i can't help you if you don't paste whatever the latest errors you are getting are.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
View attachment 100428
i can't help you if you don't paste whatever the latest errors you are getting are.
Still the same

1630589629661.png

Double quotes fails with this

1630589706871.png

probably easier if you see the whole command and error...

1630590183860.png

Would be nice to have success with the dotnet version also, I tried a few (sdk) including:
without any joy. Apologise for my lack of knowledge/skill in this area, anything you need please shout and I will post. Hopefully will help others and leave you more valuable time to concentrate on the good stuff. Thanks.

Last edited:

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's a miracle!

docker run -d -p 80:80 -v "/alprwebhook/app/config/":"/app/config/" mlapaglia/openalprwebhookprocessor:v3.16.0

Worked!

1630594070457.png

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In your screenshot you were still using single quotes lol

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In your screenshot you were still using single quotes lol
Yes, that failed but switching to double quotes and removing c: then switching to / instead of \ resolved it so far. I just added a camera in the web ui, saved it then it doesn't seem to show but either way progress made so far! thanks, without the c; removed the double quotes still failed.

this code was successful for reference:

1630595370679.png

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK, will come back to the camera but due to brain block I have filled out all but this box on the OpenAlpr Watchman Agent settings page....I am using Rekor Scout on Windows...? it's staring me in the face I know!

1630597476395.png
Is this simply the 'cloud.openalpr.com/configure/agent/xxxx' with your Ui details in place of the 'xxxx'

Thanks

Last edited:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
The address you put in there is the machine where you are running the OpenALPR agent. My agent is running in a Debian VM that has an address of http://10.200.200.16:8355. Port 8355 is the default port that the agent's webserver runs on. So you just need to fill in the IP address where you agent is running.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The address you put in there is the machine where you are running the OpenALPR agent. My agent is running in a Debian VM that has an address of http://10.200.200.16:8355. Port 8355 is the default port that the agent's webserver runs on. So you just need to fill in the IP address where you agent is running.
That makes sense! will play with this some more later, thanks, wood for the trees and all that, after this the webhook test is on my hitlist!

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I decided to change the port from 80 since this is a default port for Windows (which I had already realised and worked around) so re ran the Docker command with modified port settings and for some reason I now cannot 'Open in browser' from the Windows Docker, not entirely sure why.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I decided to change the port from 80 since this is a default port for Windows (which I had already realised and worked around) so re ran the Docker command with modified port settings and for some reason I now cannot 'Open in browser' from the Windows Docker, not entirely sure why.
The container isn't running externally on port 80. Its running on port 3859 externally on the host if you used the default config. Post your startup config.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry, ignore me, it's been a long day :rofl: just a small typo on my part, sorted now! thanks. Thought it might be fun to run through all the setup again, good practice and all that :thumb: :lmao:

Will get back to the webhook most likely tomorrow now, just need to push the Windows firewall around a bit! OK, so I dialled in the relevant information again and now I will just have to play with the firewall to get the webhook working, currently it is still dead even with the firewall disabled so let the games begin.

Last edited:

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Slight delay in proceedings, router needs a firmware update to resolve port forwarding issue! never going to be a smooth ride was it :lmao: hopefully get it running later and pull some plates down. Also need to sort the dynamic dns but that won't stop the initial testing.