Overcome limit 256ch on SmartPSS

GiovanniG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi! Has anybody known if there is a way to overcome it? Maybe pay extra? But Seams Dahua doesn't support/sell more SmartPSS. Prices for DSS are unbelievable high, make it no sense.
A client who bough 1000 cameras from Dahua has spent enough money, and has fully the right to see them on his computer without extra costs, this is a really a lack of respect for big buyers.

Wiz_ard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Using SmartPSS for 1000 cameras/channels would be an absolute nightmare. I had a grocery store chain try to cheap out and try this for their monitoring center build out.. needless to say they are running DSS Pro now and couldn't be happier.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi! Has anybody known if there is a way to overcome it? Maybe pay extra? But Seams Dahua doesn't support/sell more SmartPSS. Prices for DSS are unbelievable high, make it no sense.
A client who bough 1000 cameras from Dahua has spent enough money, and has fully the right to see them on his computer without extra costs, this is a really a lack of respect for big buyers.
It's not a problem.
More than 256 channel, more than 64 devices, more than 4 window for view ;)

GiovanniG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You need DSS Pro. Smart PSS is crap.
Thanks for posting,
DSS Pro cost a lot of money, especially for more than 256ch, I'm sorry to say that Dahua makes this choice without thinking on average users. my client has already spent lot of money for different systems and it's in his rights to see them in his PC, whouth need to pay more.

iTuneDVR: how can I open it on 4 windows? Do you mean start 4 different windows emulators?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting,
DSS Pro cost a lot of money, especially for more than 256ch, I'm sorry to say that Dahua makes this choice without thinking on average users. my client has already spent lot of money for different systems and it's in his rights to see them in his PC, whouth need to pay more.

iTuneDVR: how can I open it on 4 windows? Do you mean start 4 different windows emulators?
Why do you think you are entitled to additional software because you paid for cameras?

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No

With DSS Express & Pro there are no problems either. No limits ;)

But, there is other product.
Take a look for Network Optix. They have full dahua integrate(as they told) and unlimit view channell income. Licence only for local storage,
Nice & modern interface. Try it.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No

With DSS Express & Pro there are no problems either. No limits ;)

Take a look for Network Optix. They have full dahua integrate(as they told) and unlimit view channell income. Licence only for local storage,
This is illegal software pirating and will not be allowed here.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thought my advice was the optimum thing to do.
To make it easier you could glue the 62.5 mobiles running DMSS at 16 view. Get yourself £2.00 worth of binoculars. Job done!

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is illegal software pirating and will not be allowed here.
Thank you confrere.
No pirate, no privatter, just a possibility twiking as many materials at this portal.

Dahua SmartPSS, as you know free & not supported by officials anymore.

GiovanniG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you mates for all replies,
I would you know that my goal is not to see 500 channels at once on one big screen, but the ability to see every single place, separately, for example 16 channels. The limitation od SmartPSS is that when it connects to XVRs, exceeeding the 256 result on XVR offline, even if it is reachable. Shortly, if on the phone with DMSS the client can see all his bough Dahua cameras, without limitations, on his PC he cannot do that, sorry but frankly this is not acceptable, he paid for 20 XVR+cameras system and it's his right to see all of them in the same PC, as well as the phone, without extra cost.

in spite of who bought 16 XVR of 16 channels, and can see them on his PC, who adds 17 XVR adding more manoey can't see it. Stupid. Don't buy the 17th one!
More, Smartpss doesn't count the active/effective channels/connected cameras, but all the poptential of the recorder, so a 32 channels populated with only 10 cameras will vaste 22 channels availability, and this is also crazy.

It's not a problem.
More than 256 channel, more than 64 devices, more than 4 window for view ;)
I don't catch you, you are telling to start 4 different processes of SmartPSS, to achieve the goal. Open different live views will not extend the 156ch limitations.

Using SmartPSS for 1000 cameras/channels would be an absolute nightmare. I had a grocery store chain try to cheap out and try this for their monitoring center build out.. needless to say they are running DSS Pro now and couldn't be happier.
I'm not going to see all in a while, but open each XVR separately, so 16/24 channels per tima maximum. I would like to use video wall to change automatically XVR view, but I've never had it working.

Thanks, I' would like to test it, I've found their site but can't find where download and exactly what to download, there are different names, looks different services, and you please indicate the right one? Thank you!

zexoni70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
By the way, when we talk about SmartPSS software, a new version has been released on the Dahua official site, but only the Lite version (reduced and with much fewer functions)!

And it probably doesn't support more than 256 ch! ;)

SmartPSS Lite.jpg

N-i-k-s-o-n

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
By the way, when we talk about SmartPSS software, a new version has been released on the Dahua official site, but only the Lite version (reduced and with much fewer functions)!

And it probably doesn't support more than 256 ch! ;)

View attachment 131816

SmartPSS LITE supports up to 64 video channels.

Attachments