Package theft - what you really need is a new smart door!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just from CES 2019

Package theft - what you really need is a new smart door!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting idea but might not work if you have no space inside on the hinge side of the door. Imagine, parcel delivered, you then can't open the door as the back has extended out.
You know you have a package and you should know how big it is...just go to the back door, which all living quarters have. Or walk around the door like he did (just kidding!).

I'll bet there's a good-sized price tag that comes with that door, too!

I had a 50 lb. multifunction laser delivered yesterday; it wouldn't have made it into the door anyway.

UPS_011419.jpg

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Imagine trying to exit the door if a fire started....better try Shark Tank LOL It would never fly in the Northern climates.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Imagine trying to exit the door if a fire started....better try Shark Tank LOL It would never fly in the Northern climates.
They just may! Afteral, that is what Doorbot.. I mean Ring did before becoming Amazon Eyes.

The pathway to becoming Amazon-Door

Indeed, if you notice in the video the journalist walked around the door to the backside to inspect it.

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That’s cool and all but my delivery guys can’t figure out which button to push for a smart doorbell... in fact most the time they run up to the door and literally slide the package to the front door and run back to the truck. No chance they try and figure out how to work this door.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That’s cool and all but my delivery guys can’t figure out which button to push for a smart doorbell... in fact most the time they run up to the door and literally slide the package to the front door and run back to the truck. No chance they try and figure out how to work this door.
The problem is often between the keyboard and the chair....

or in this case the drivers seat and the doorbell

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a front gate and a court yard. I have a doggie door that goes out into the court yard with two large dogs. There is a beware of dogs sign on the gate. My standard UPS, fedex, USPS delivery personal all have been introduced to my dogs. They can deliver packages to the front door with no problems. Do not try to enter the gate if you have not been introduced to the dogs.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I do think code compliance would be an issue. As @Tinman points out, exiting in case of a fire would potentially be blocked if the interior "accordion" was extended. Try getting that approved.