Getting comfortable
Reaction score
tap tap...
is this thing on?

any one?

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me a way to segment an existing .bvr file into smaller .bvr files?

Also, what is the best Windows app or program for viewing MP4s? Hoping for something that will support scrubbing and zooming the video

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I haven't found a way to create ,bvr files that way. I can export, but the single output file type is .mp4.

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Copied from another thread, explaining my question better than I did:
It looks like most comments in this thread are off topic, as the Edit clip content is replaced by "Export" discussion. ;) Is there a way to trim and save a portion of BVR clip in BVR format for future reviews in Blue Iris 5 without re-encoding? I don't want to export to any other format, until its clear I need to use them as evidence or demo. It appears analog video source is encoded in BVR as H264, and audio source as AAC?

It looks like, BI doesn't mix text overlay with video from cam and audio into BVR format, instead they are kept in file as separate channels, and it results in higher CPU efficiency, even in case of analog cameras with stream encoding by BI at motion detection - correct? At exporting to MP4 or AVI such clips must be re-encoded to correctly show timestamp overlay and play audio. I want to keep on disk only manually selected small sections of each clip in BVR format upon reviewing daily recordings. How to do that, and in what software?
So far, it seems that the answer must be 'that's impossible' but I'm hopeful the experts here have an approach that does this.