Package Thieves !! Three adjacent Neighbors Hit

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Great captures of 2 daytime cockroaches.

It amazes me how ho-hum the 2 thefts: at #1 house, she spent 60 seconds at least; at #2 house, over 2 minutes! Was she making some sort of a decision only a cockroach has to make?

I hate thieves.... :angry:

Duh987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Part of my point is that a cam-provided time stamp could be very wrong-- and if so, does the entire clip get thrown out? If the video corroborates an eyewitness, but the cam timestamp is wrong-- does the video get thrown out? As evidence, they could redact the timestamp I suppose for use in court. They could do the same with a BI timestamp.
I don't think there will be a 100% answer for that. It will depend on the Prosecutor, judge, or even the defense attorney. Each one is different and will have a different opinion on it. It really depends on what is shown on the video. If you just catch a person walking by 5 minutes before a murder 4 houses down. The prosecution likely wouldn't bother with your footage as it just shows the person walking and the time could be something the defense could use to cause doubt. Catch the person's face while walking by and the time is correct but not from the camera, they would probably use it and the judge would allow it. Catch the person's face and your time is incorrect would be a toss-up in most cases. Catch the entire crime and the time is off, no one is throwing that footage away, well the defense would try and fail.

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Great captures of 2 daytime cockroaches.

It amazes me how ho-hum the 2 thefts: at #1 house, she spent 60 seconds at least; at #2 house, over 2 minutes! Was she making some sort of a decision only a cockroach has to make?

I hate thieves.... :angry:
Not shown is that they went to 503 first and then later to 506 & 507. ALL THREE houses had packages visible on their front stoops.
Their M.O. is NOT the usual porch pirate run-grab-go; Their approach is completely different, They try to blend by NOT rushing and no even notices them. They KNOCK on doors and wait to see if anyone is home. No answer? They take the package. Someone answers? They spout a BS story offering handyman services and then they leave. This was witnessed here because the lady at 503 answered her door, was given the BS story and the roaches left without collecting the neighbor's UPS package. 506 & 507 were unoccupied and relieved of their parcels. The last house actually has THREE 'front doors' so she knocked on all three.

Last edited:

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It has been mentioned (here and in the other thread) that my 'combine and cut' setting needs to be set properly. Can anyone address the issue that I'm experiencing as posted in post #18?

All of my cams are set up as shown.
Cam4 settings (2).jpg

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
maybe the file you have red highlights on is a Substream file? Try changing the offending camera to .5 hour clips for a day and see how its behavior changes. Maybe its a glitch in the matrix.
Have you run a Repair Db anytme in th epast 2 months? is that camera different brand than others on your system? how are the others behaving? isit the whole systems or just one cam?Screenshot 2021-12-18 183910.png
heres an example of my 15 minute clip cuts. Averaging about 140 MB

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
so why would someone choose zero seconds of pretrigger as a setting?
and why would someone choose continous rather than Continous+ Triggers and no markers for motion?
Just curious how the system alerts a person to events.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
so why would someone choose zero seconds of pretrigger as a setting?
and why would someone choose continous rather than Continous+ Triggers and no markers for motion?
Just curious how the system alerts a person to events.
If someone is recording mainstream 24/7, they could always then rewind if they want to see prior and the continuous option is how you get 24/7 mainstream recording. The Cont+Triggers gets you 24/7 recording, but it is substream until triggered then mainstream.

The recording is separate from the alerts.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
So your saying if I choose, Continous, i will still get some type of clue somewhere that i had motion? an orange lightning bolt? a console side panel clip? or?
Ok just changed my busiest camera to cont. lets see wtf happens next.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you have it set to trigger on motion or ONVIF, then yes.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And NO ONE has a camera or doorbell!

Of course, you can't see the detail in these (OK, I can't) when viewing the .bvr in BI it is all MUCH more clear.
I haven't sorted out how to capture the zoomed videos...

Vid 1 approach
Vid 4 Plate
Vid 5 Thefts

Police involved (well, at least informed)
Oklahoma plate JNZ 762

From the note accompanying the video to the police:
<<<<<<<
Overview: Dec 10,2021 midday, two females in a red car spotted delivered packages visible from the street on the porches of three houses.
They approached all three separately, were met by a resident at one house and they left that location. a half-hour later they returned to
the area, approached the other two houses, and finding no one home, they stole packages from those locations.

My security cameras at 505 Kay recorded these events.

Two female caucasians in their "30's or 40's"

Car
2017~19 Kia Soul
Inferno Red
Black top
Special edition wheels
Black 'racing stripe' along bottom
Possible Handicap placard on rear view>>>>>
Excellent job!

wow, first time I have seen them drive up the driveway on each home for thieving .. talk about door to door disservice ..

" .. oh look .. package .. " .. house one .. then house two ..

1639937516301.png1639937409653.png
1639937482079.png
1639937449376.png
1639937560070.png

Last edited:

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How can you guys list files without details?
Does this help?
I would LOVE for someone to explain why it's making 15 minute and 45 minute clips and also other random lengths.
Again, no settings have changed during this, set for one--hour cuts as shown above.
BTW, I have vids all the way back to September on this drive. Crazy, Am I right?
File list detail.png