Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
EDIT: THIS PICTURE IS FROM JANUARY 2, 2020, Long before social distancing went into effect, or was even conceivable here in the US. It was photoshopped to make it appear as though the (democratic) Governor was disobeying her own order. Hmmm... wonder who could have been behind it. Anyway it circulated widely before being debunked.92219005_2842583875862192_2874932807363198976_n.jpg

What is wrong with this picture?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Who is mentally unstable? LOL

TBH as a non US citizen I have no axe to grind with your politics. However, there's little doubt in the beginning Trumps policies were killing people. Like the UK he ignored it and refused to lock down. Even now when locked down the last I heard, and this may have changed, was that he was saying saving people's lives was a cure worse than the disease if it destroyed business. What I see as an outsider is a man obsessed with money, like many super rich, and who's prepared to let tens of thousands die if it keeps his dollars coming in. America always was going to be a difficult country to contain it in though. You have porous borders with Mexico and Canada. The UK on the other hand had little excuse.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
TBH as a non US citizen I have no axe to grind with your politics. However, there's little doubt in the beginning Trumps policies were killing people. Like the UK he ignored it and refused to lock down. Even now when locked down the last I heard, and this may have changed, was that he was saying saving people's lives was a cure worse than the disease if it destroyed business. What I see as an outsider is a man obsessed with money, like many super rich, and who's prepared to let tens of thousands die if it keeps his dollars coming in. America always was going to be a difficult country to contain it in though. You have porous borders with Mexico and Canada. The UK on the other hand had little excuse.
LOL, another fan of fake new.

For a guy who is "obsessed with money" it sure is strange that he donates his salary to charity and he took a heck of a financial loss by leaving business to drain the swamp.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
This is a classic (predates the YouTube era, remember albinoblacksheep?), but when jokes become reality, we think again :lol:

Talk about the Mystery Virus going across all 50 states,

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
My county...assume your county is the same. Was there any doubt this would happen?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
My girlfriend was running errands for others to obtain essential items and didn't have time to eat. At one point she was so hungry she gave in to it and pulled into an Arby's drive through. Placed an order and paid via CC through a touchless system. She pulls up to the window and observes half a dozen employees running around inside and is horrified no one is wearing a mask. She rightfully assumes someone may be asymptomatic and tells them to cancel the order and provide a refund. They want to refund her with Covid-cash but has to talk to the manager to get refund on CC. Manager says "I don't know what the big deal is, we wash our hands every 15 minutes." She didn't bother to ask if they wash their hands for 20 seconds in warm water or if the manager knew that Covid-19 can be transmitted via aerialized particles from talking or exhaling.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
My girlfriend was running errands for others to obtain essential items and didn't have time to eat. At one point she was so hungry she gave in to it and pulled into an Arby's drive through. Placed an order and paid via CC through a touchless system. She pulls up to the window and observes half a dozen employees running around inside and is horrified no one is wearing a mask. She rightfully assumes someone may be asymptomatic and tells them to cancel the order and provide a refund. They want to refund her with Covid-cash but has to talk to the manager to get refund on CC. Manager says "I don't know what the big deal is, we wash our hands every 15 minutes." She didn't bother to ask if they wash their hands for 20 seconds in warm water or if the manager knew that Covid-19 can be transmitted via aerialized particles from talking or exhaling.
That's just nasty. I almost puked my breakfast thinking about it. I admit I sometimes eat Arby's food, a few times per year. Harkens back to childhood or something. But my fast food days are on hold except for Jimmy Johns (the store I go to is doing things very well with respect to food safety). Good on your girlfriend for making good decisions even while hungry.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Tedros was having way too much fun in the hotel room on the days following up to his declaration of COVID-19 as a pandemic.
He was probably having way too much fun in the months prior as well. Lack of taste and character. :(

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
tenor (1).giftenor.gifsource.gifgiphy-downsized-large.gif

When social distancing is all set and done, the next action will be economic distancing. Shenzo Abe (Japan PM) is giving a huge incentive to companies moving out of China. Other countries will follow soon all in the interest of independence, self-sufficiency, and economic growth, and prosperity. Enough said.

That's just nasty. I almost puked my breakfast thinking about it. I admit I sometimes eat Arby's food, a few times per year. Harkens back to childhood or something. But my fast food days are on hold except for Jimmy Johns (the store I go to is doing things very well with respect to food safety). Good on your girlfriend for making good decisions even while hungry.
This is getting widespread

Sky News Australia, WION News, and Donald Trump are all over this. Where is the US Media response?

Last edited:

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
You should not just follow the fake news. Better to go to the source and develop your own correct insight. What he said was “That the cure could be worse than the disease”. It is an old phrase often used, you can Google it. Trump is not one to gloss over the truth. He was talking about shutting down the economy and its outcome. As of now there are now 16,800,000 people that have filed for unemployment in the USA . And that number will surely rise. America has an estimated 30,000,000 illegal alien population, many of which work under-the-table not paying taxes, so they cannot apply for unemployment. They will suffer too. He could see the economic hardship coming. I am glad we have a President that is willing to say what he said. He was willing to point out that Shutting Down The Economy could cause even more death and suffering than the virus itself. I for one think that the economic side of this Will cause suffering and death of a far greater magnitude, to the living, not just in the USA but worldwide. Probably even more so in underdeveloped countries.

You can Google the suffering the recent Great Recession caused in the USA. People turned to drinking and drugs, committed suicide, living on the street, losing their houses, losing their retirement funds, divorce and split families, stress and anxiety that contributed to murders, stressed induced domestic violence and child abuse, stress induced health issues that led to premature death, to name a few.

Getting our economy going will benefit not only us but the whole world.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Not all countries will entertain this idea, but it's an encouraging idea for those countries with a significant number of cases. The United Kingdom should be using their CCTV Surveillance camera for tracking citizens at this time. In South Korea, their model is that Public Health takes precedence over privacy. Hard to replicate this type of testing in countries with higher populations.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Its not easy. Too much fraud. Too much fake. Dishonest manufacturers dealing with innocent sellers on Amazon's Marketplace even on PPE.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Initially he did not include the UK and Ireland yes. They are islands, and they showed only very small amount of infections at the time compared to Italy. But less than 24hrs after imposing the travel ban on the places in Europe where the virus has a large foothold starting up he included both UK and Ireland. Less than 24hrs. Did the fake news where you like to tune in mention this? I doubt it.