Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
TBH as a non US citizen I have no axe to grind with your politics. However, there's little doubt in the beginning Trumps policies were killing people. Like the UK he ignored it and refused to lock down. Even now when locked down the last I heard, and this may have changed, was that he was saying saving people's lives was a cure worse than the disease if it destroyed business. What I see as an outsider is a man obsessed with money, like many super rich, and who's prepared to let tens of thousands die if it keeps his dollars coming in. America always was going to be a difficult country to contain it in though. You have porous borders with Mexico and Canada. The UK on the other hand had little excuse.
Really? Trump has lost money being President.

You already had one other poster here mention that he forfeits his $400,000 yearly Presidential salary to charity. No other President in history has done that.

Yes one of his main focuses is that America be super strong economically. He brought America to one of the lowest unemployment percentages in history. And a Stock Market with record growth, which most Americans use to grow retirement funds.

Last edited:

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Not true. The goal should be to keep the medical system from being overwhelmed. Until we have a vaccine this virus is with us. And this virus will continue to infect and kill. We can keep areas open safely and implement soon the better testing that includes antibody testing, and maintain the medical system to avoid utter economic disaster.

We have to work on both the economy and the virus at the same time. FOR THOSE THAT WILL CONTINUE TO LIVE! And the younger generation that will have to pay for all of this printing of new money.

There are wackos like Zeke Emanuel on Fake News CNN saying that we need to be closed completely and fully for 18 months at a minimum. This totally unrealistic. What happened to his old viewpoint... Why I Hope to Die at 75

There is a reason fake news is pushing this narrative. Because they know Trump wants to get it going as soon as possible. You watch, they will hammer any effort he puts into getting us up and running again. Any Wuhan Virus deaths will be on his hands because he is not locking everyone in their houses. TDS

Last edited:

megazone23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tedros was having way too much fun in the hotel room on the days following up to his declaration of COVID-19 as a pandemic.
He was probably having way too much fun in the months prior as well. Lack of taste and character. :(

This guy is a joke. Tried to pull off discrimination trick when all around the world, not just that single harmless country, is blaming him, and WHO, for his incompetency.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
This guy is a joke. Tried to pull off discrimination trick when all around the world, not just that single harmless country, is blaming him, and WHO, for his incompetency.
Any organization that calls themselves The World Health Organization should operate without discriminations for ALL people of the world regardless of country. What they did with Taiwan shows how they Kowtow to China and is inexcusable in my book.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Target the ACE2 receptor. Scientists are obviously working with the SARS Vaccine template to create Version 2.0 in respect to addressing SARS-CoV-2. Some arguably say that Vaccines are profitable. :eek:

F@&K This Virus Scientists Scan for Weaknesses in the SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein

glycan 60.gif binding 60.gif

I'll just say this was a man-made virus, perhaps not made in a lab (we don't know yet), but we do know this could have been preventable by all means if things were spoken out in a timely manner.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reports of racism in China ( PRC, People's Republic of China ), Reports of purposeful policy to allow the virus out of China, Reports to liberate all PPE from the rest of the world back into China, Report of using the WHO to enable China foreign policy to allow the virus to infiltrate the world, reports of the Chinese propaganda machine to use the weakness of the western democracies against themselves.

Are you convinced that China has this pandemic under control, are you looking to China for guidance when dealing with this pandemic? Let me help pull the wool from your eyes...

examples from the video:

1586576658212.png
1586576690771.png

Reportedly, flights allowed OUT of Hubei while under lock down .. exporting the virus..

1586576875232.png

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Things that make you go Hmmmmm....

From Niall Ferguson

OPINION
China’s three-body problem
One of the many things I learned from reading “The Three-Body Problem” is that it’s OK for China to harm the world in order to save it.
By Niall FergusonUpdated April 6, 2020, 12:13 p.m.

Let us try to restore sanity with six questions that we should ask Chinese President Xi Jinping ..

First, what exactly was going on in Wuhan that led to the initial emergence of SARS-CoV-2? ...

Second, how big a role did the central government play in the cover-up after it became clear in Wuhan that there was human-to-human transmission? We now know there were 104 cases of the new disease, including 15 deaths, between Dec. 12 and the end of that month. Why was the official Chinese line on Dec. 31 that there was “no clear evidence” of human-to-human transmission? And why did that official line not change until Jan. 20?

Third, after it became clear that there was a full-blown epidemic spreading from Wuhan to the rest of Hubei province, why did you cut off travel from Hubei to the rest of China — on Jan. 23 — but not from Hubei to the rest of the world?

Fourth, what possessed your Foreign Ministry spokesman to start peddling an obviously false conspiracy theory on social media and why has he not been fired?

Fifth, where exactly are Ren Zhiqiang and Ai Fen, to name just two of the Chinese citizens who seem to have vanished since they expressed criticism of your government’s handling of COVID-19?

Finally, how many of your people has this disease really killed? Now, I don’t expect straight answers to these questions, any more than we got straight answers from the Soviet Communist Party after Chernobyl. But I do think we need to keep asking them, if only to vaccinate ourselves against the other kind of virus currently emanating from China — the viral disinformation that Xi Jinping has learned from his Russian pal Vladimir Putin how to spread through the Internet.

China has a problem. It is not “The Three-Body Problem,” a brilliant book that reminds us that the Chinese people are capable of great literature, just as Chinese researchers are capable of great science. The same was true of the Russian people under Communism. China’s problem, like Russia’s before 1991, is the One-Party Problem. And so long as a fifth of humanity are subject to the will of an unaccountable, corrupt, and power-hungry organization with a long history of crimes against its own people, the rest of humanity will not be safe.

Ref:
China’s three-body problem - The Boston Globe
twitter

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Thinking that Michigan and a lot of places with undisciplined people still don't "get it". In my Floridumb neighborhood I still see neighbors congregating in people's yards and going on walks together. They seem to think because they "know" their neighbor it is safe.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Senator Rick Scott thinks this can be done in one day. The global economy is stuck and is on a leash. If you think boycotting products from China is the solution and response to the virus that was recently unleashed on the world, good luck. The majority of products and raw-materials come from China as seen in the figure below. Almost every transaction has some trace of China written all over it. Without China, global economy will crash resulting in a unstable ripple effect; thus, the world is held hostage. Expect food shortage as well. Its never good to intervene with another country's political practice, but if it becomes an humanitarian issue where its own people suffer, then it calls for global attention. Even if China is the new #1 superpower it doesn't mean that previous superpowers don't have a say. If there is no balance, there is no force. At least that's what Master Yoda says. May the Force Be With You. ;) By the way, the CCP blames the US for starting this virus, who do you believe? :lol:

1586611890343.png

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thinking that Michigan and a lot of places with undisciplined people still don't "get it". In my Floridumb neighborhood I still see neighbors congregating in people's yards and going on walks together. They seem to think because they "know" their neighbor it is safe.

and she can go F herself. I just rechecked and I see no where in our founding father's documents that allows anyone to abridge my freedoms. Common sense tells me what I need to do and I'll go with that. As to people that have no common sense, well... Darwin has already made mention of what happens to them... :mad:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
and she can go F herself. I just rechecked and I see no where in our founding father's documents that allows anyone to abridge my freedoms. Common sense tells me what I need to do and I'll go with that. As to people that have no common sense, well... Darwin has already made mention of what happens to them... :mad:

The problem I'm seeing is that a lot of people that think they have common sense have none. I generally find it's the dipshits in society ruin it for the rest of us because a good chunk of rules/laws are made to protect them from themselves. For example, down here they had closed boat ramps because a bunch of dipshits decided to launch their boats on the lake/river and tie them all together and have party. A party would be nice but right now you might say it doesn't meet the standard for social distancing. I'm guessing your dipshit govenor has taken this action to deal with the types of dipshits I have mentioned above.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Either we have a Constitution and a Bill of Rights, or we don't. It's not open for debate. If law enforcement are going to enforce these orders, they need to remove their badges and don some SS armbands...

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Last edited:

megazone23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One of the duties of government is to protect those are dumb, even though they should be extinct by Darwin. Those are wise will protect themeselves
Idiocracy is my favorite movie.